First post / 1914 info

by whichway2go 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• whichway2go
    whichway2go

Hi all. My first post here after about 6 months of lurking. I will comment more and give some more info later, but I am still active, and looking for my way to exit.

I had a question that I'm hoping someone can help with. Does anyone re call a book that was covered I'm the book study that touched on 607 and basically said jw's were one of the only that followed the 607 date? I thought it was 6 to 8 years ago, and I thought it was the Daniel book but am not finding it unless it was removed the cd? I don't have the actual book anymore.

My interest in finding it as it was the first time I got worried about my beliefs. I want to read it again to see what it said, and why it bothered me so. I wish I didn't take this long to wake.

Thanks for any help, and look forward to some future participation.

• whichway2go
    whichway2go

Sorry for typos, I pad is difficult with this editor.

• Ding
    Ding

I don't recall the WT book, but if you're interested in the 607 issue, read what Ray Franz wrote about it in Crisis of Conscience.

Also, get a copy of Carl Olaf Jonsson's The Gentile Times Reconsidered.

Carl was a loyal JW who researched the issue, realized the WT was wrong, and sent his findings to Bethel.

He was disfellowshipped over it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sorry cant help you other than suggest using the search box on this forum and put in 607, the topic has been covered on here

many times.

Welcome to the forum by the way

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Not sure which publication you're thinking of. One of the Isaiah books maybe? I don't have them here, and haven't installed WTlib on this computer... not that I'm really missing any of them. LOL

• whichway2go
    whichway2go

Haha. Thanks all. I have read the books you mention, and agree them and don't follow the 607 date, if it even matters.

I have interest in it as I mentioned it really bugged me, but I turned it off and marched on. The last 607 articles woke it up again, and caused me to go on a research rampage. I'd like to see the old ones again for that reason. Maybe someone else can find it... I don't know why I can't.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Welcome to the board, you can edit your posts by clicking on the yellow pencil on the right side of your posting. You have 30 minutes to edit it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One can throw many things at the 1914 dating question, 607 BCE. has little strength in comparison to 586 BCE. and this can be

supported by the bible itself along with a sorted amount of archaeological findings.

One should keep in mind that the WTS. held on to 1914 for many years by using Pyramidology and still did after the remaining

IBSA members broke away from J Rutherford and his newly created faith called the Jehovah's Witnesses.

This group by the way was the first time Rutherford used evil slave class in identifying these people.

The other problem with the 1914 date is that it contravenes the teaching of Jesus himself when he stated that no one

but god knows the time of his return, so trying to calculate a specific time (date) is really going against bible Scripture.

This is the probable reason that most Christian based faiths have not set about creating specific dates of Christ's return.

The WTS. broke away from this bible teaching most likely as an endeavor because it was useful in attracting attention toward

its published literature.

The commercialization of the WTS. published works was the inherent cause of many of the WTS. doctrines presented to the public.

Bible based or not that is the " Truth "

• wasblind
    wasblind

and I thought it was the Daniel book but am not finding it unless it was removed the cd? I don't have the actual book anymore.

_______Whichwaytogo

This is why the WTS has decided to go online, It's more convenient for them to edit the paper trail

that way they can say " We never said that !!!! "

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome, WWTG!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit