My apologies to everyone on this board (please read).

by Joliette 62 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Not offended at all. Age is relative. I like it when I am around some 20 somethings and I play the old fart. I actually learned a lot about a lot of things before they mastered the potty, and it shows in my ability to think and problem solve. Then I get around some 70 something people and I like to play my role of the young cub, looking to them for their superior experience. I find value in both perspectives, and being who I am relative to who I meet. I like the experience and wisdom of learning what not to do that comes only with being around for a while, and I don't have any of the ailments to complain about. One other thing, there are people who are barely 40 and they have such fossilized old minds. I have known other people in their 80s who were adventurous and were always still learning and doing things. Those people are fun to know, no matter what age they are.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Gone for Good>>>>>>>>>>I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son.

It is so unnatural and unbearable to lose ones child. (((((((((Hugs))))))))))

Just Lois

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I agree with Kurtbethel,

I take care of elderly people for a living and one of my patients told me she does not like to hang around old people. I said to her "young lady, you are 80 YEARS OLD!". She told me that "age is not a number but a state of mind". And she is right because she has more energy then many people half her age!

• Pickler
    Pickler

Being old is a victory because you are still here....I'm 44. Whatever age you are, you can feel old or young depending on your state of mind.

• wolfman85
  • Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

No need to apologise. I'm an oldie and happy to admit it, even if I am going through a recycled teenage.

Loz x

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

when I was 19, I called a 35 yeard old woman "old"

now that I'm older than that.................

:-)

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Since FlyingHighNow put up Fleetwood Mac, I put up a song from Willie Nelson. You know, you can learn alot about life from a country song, especially a Willie Nelson / Waylon Jennings song. This is one of my favorites.

Skeeter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GZZrhZdH-c (Can someone please post a link)
    WILLIE NELSON

"A Couple More Years" (Shel Silverstein - Dennis Locorriere) Send "A Couple More Years" Ringtone to your Cell

I've got a couple more years on you baby that's all
    I've had more chances to fly and more places to fall
    That's not that I'm wiser it's just that I've spent
    More time with my back to the wall.

And I've picked up a couple more years on you baby that's all
    I've walked a couple more roads than you baby that's all
    And I'm tired of running while you're only learning to crawl
    And you're going somewhere but I've been to somewhere
    And found it was nowhere at all.

And I've picked up a couple more years on you baby that's all.

Saying goodbye girl don't ever come easy at all

But you've got to fly cause you're hearin' them young eagles call
    Someday when you're older you'll smile at a man strong and tall
    And say I've got a couple more years on you baby that's all.

You'll say I've got a couple more years on you baby that's all
    I've had more chances to fly and more places to fall
    That's not that I'm wiser it's just that I've spent
    More time with my back to the wall...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Joliette, You're going to have to try harder than that if you really want to offend me.

I'm not quite 50 yet, and on the many days I feel completely ancient and senile, I'd welcome being called an "old fart" as a compliment.

• mrquik
    mrquik

I got my first tattoo at 60. It has my new wife's name in it. My youngest daughter said " I hope you don't regret that". I told her at my age, I won't live long enough to regret anything. Yahoo!! I also ski, sky dive, wreck dive, fly aircraft, build aircraft, drive fast cars, take the Harley cross country & stare at beautiful women in front of my wife. Any of the above could be lethal, but that's the beauty of getting older. Something's gonna get me & I don't like surprises. (PS: I should add that I don't pilot the plane & sky dive at the same time. Scares the hell out of the passengers.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit