My apologies to everyone on this board (please read).

by Joliette 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

I have read that 60 is the new 40. I am past 60, and I feel better than I did in my 20's. As Satchel Paige so wisely said, "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

Once a co-worker asked me, "Are you happy to be here?" My response was, "At my age, I'm happy to be anywhere!"

Regards,

SandraC

• tornapart
    tornapart

That's sweet Joliette.. I'm in my 50's too... and even if I feel like it sometimes I hope I don't look it. LOL It's bad when you see time passing by so quick!!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Back in the day , I was bad. I could burn the dance floor UP !!!!!!

I must admit, I'd be hard pressed trynna do those old dances today

The Bump would fracture my hip, I would need a hand up wit' the Break down

wit' this stiffness, all I got left is the Robot

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I am 44 and my kids call me old all the time. I find it funny cuz I know how fast time flies so I can't wait until they are my age and I can return the favor, LOL

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Seriously, Joliette, never trust anyone over five. I'm ten times five plus four. I sometimes don't trust myself.

I remember in fifth grade, way back in the 1969-70 school year, our teacher asked how old we would be at the turn of the 21st century. I said, I would be 41. I remember thinking how incredibly far off that seemed and how old 41 seemed. Goodness, I am 13 years past that now. Inside I feel young. I look young for my age. But I see and feel the difference in the past year. And a year passes in six months these days...

When this song came out, I was 17. That was 1976. Now I have grown up, watched my children grow up and I have two grandsons who are 11 and 16. The 16 year old turns 17 this March.

"But time made you bolder. Even children get older and I'm getting older, too." Listen to these lyrics and take them to heart. No one tells you how quickly you will be facing your golden years. Old is relative to the age you are now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3cGxlZjMWU

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Landslide

Lyrics

I took my love, I took it down
    Climbed a mountain and I turned around
    And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
    Till the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?
    Can the child within my heart rise above?
    Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
    Can I handle the seasons of my life?
    Mmm, mmm, mmm

Well, I've been afraid of changing
    'Cause I've built my life around you
    But time makes you bolder
    Even children get older and I'm getting older too

Well, I've been afraid of changing
    'Cause I've built my life around you
    But time makes you bolder
    Even children get older and I'm getting older too
    Oh, I'm getting older too

Oh, I'm getting older too

Awah, take my love, take it down
    Awah, climb a mountain and turn around
    And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
    Will the landslide bring it down?

And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
    Will the landslide bring it down?
    Oh, the landslide bring it down

• talesin
    talesin

I was thinking about this very topic the other day. Looked in the mirror, realized that I was fast approaching 'double nickels' and that I was old. Who woulda thunk it?

Being called old is NOT an insult, it's a reality of life. Our society is youth-obsessed, and it's quite all right to be 'old'. You said nothing wrong.

xo

tal

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

We were all young once.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Me dont think you needed to make an apology...

I am not old but i have no idea who the craggy looking dude is that looks back at me in the mirror!

Oz

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I remember when I thought 30 was old. "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end." When people make fun of my age, I just say

"You should be so lucky to get to be my age." I know I feel fortunate to still be alive and well. One's view of age and being old is relative. I'm sure people

would view being 60's as young. Most of us "of a cetain age" are not offended because we remember being young. Enjoy it. It goes by fast!

Panhandlegirl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit