Complaints

by Guyferna 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• seedy3
    seedy3

Hello Guy,

Dutchy is correct, in a sence, yes the old publications did not say "Armegeddon is going to be in 1975", but they did push this as the date. They made statements to the effect of looking forward to 1975, they asked people to sell their belongings and finish off this old system preaching. They tried to corelate the 6,000 year end with armegeggon. Often they would include the two ideals of 6,000 years and armegodden into the same paragraph. There is a speach given by a district overseer, given in 1968 that stressed that 1975 was going to be a significant date.

I never heard the Watchtower magazine or any WT publication come out to try and quell the ferver for 1975. All the publications did was to add fuel to the fire, so to speak, about 1975.

You can listen to the recording of the entire talk by Charles Sunutko, District overseer at a conventon in 1968 here: http://www.watchtowernews.org/wav/sunutko75.html
    just click on the link and it will start to play in Real player it is not edited it is the entire speach. He again does say the 6,000 year thing but he also stresses the idea that it may end with Armegeddon.

Now as far as complaining, Hmmmm yes there is some on this board, but I think you will find it more telling and relating what has happened to each of us. Looking for support and understanding and reassurance that we were correct that it was not the truth. Also there is much news here, new information as to what is really going on in the WTS, without the Governing Bodies slant to it.

I was there in 1975, I saw it, I saw what people did and were doing, what the WTS said and how they handled it. It was not a pretty picture.

Seedy

• Guyferna
    Guyferna

This will be my last post on this page. Dear Sleepy:
    I don't know if you're an apostate or not. To be careful, this will be my last post on this page.

Jehovah's witnessess is the only religion that is preaching the good news worldwide. They don't preach about negative things, just a hope about the future.
    They are the only sucessful one at that. They are the only religion that aren't killing themselve with other people and other countries.
    They are the only ones who practice bible teachings and not false doctrines. They are the only ones who bare God's name Jehovah.
    Prove that a creator doesn't exist, prove that he isn't blessing this work. There is just so many people changing their lives to doing what is good and helping others to do the same. I see it everyday and see the reports too. There is just so much evidence. I've been Catholic most of my life and looking for truth. Thanks to Jehovah, I found it finally.

Its a shame that apostates only try to reach the witnesses. I have never ever had apostates coming to my door any of the doors of all the friends (JWs) I know...I know hundreds by name. That is a shame because their efforts will always prove worthless. They aren't doing the work of God, but of their own initiative. If they love man- they will preach to everyone, not just one religion. That only proves that they are worthless. Do you see JWs of former religions preach to only the religions the came out of? Does that even make sense????

If you have the truth, do it publicly and not internet-privately like a coward.
    Like I said, this will be my last post in this page. If you try to post something to me, I won't read it...it will be in vain.
    To those sincere people who are doing good. Keep doing what is good, and Jehovah will bless you! :)

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

THANK GOODNESS FOR BLIND, DEAF, AND DUMB TROLLS!!!!!!!!

UADNA-New Jersey Chapter-"OUR REACH IS FAR, OUR CAUSE IS JUST"

• Solace
    Solace

I do not come here to complain. It is too late to undo the suffering that my family has endured. I come here to enlighten others about the damage that the W.T.S can do.
    Cold hard facts? would you like a copy of my grandfathers death certificate? He refused a blood transfusion and died.
    Would you like my mothers phone number so you can call her and tell her that the W.T.S now doesnt get involved in J.W.s personal decisions on remarrying and scriptural freedom. She was a single mother because the W.T.S told her in the 70s that if she remarried they would disfellowship her and she would die in armageddon because my fathers abandoning us wasnt enough grounds for scriptural freedom.

Yes,
    people do suffer because of choices they make. They are somewhat responsible but you cant ignore the fact that the reason these people have made these choices is because the W.T.S. has told them that if they do not make these choices they will be killed by Jehovah God.

We dont have to "sit and try to think of negative stuff to say" as you put it. We have lived it. We will continue to warn others about all the falsehoods of the W.T.S. and the suffering that could result if they decide to become a J.W. Like Im actually going to "go knock on doors" as you put it, when I can reach thousands more by simply logging on to this site. As if...
    By the way, not everyone reading this feels the same way we do. After all, you are reading it arent you? If you continue with your research, Im sure it wont be long before you realize the truth about the org. and also feel the same way we do.
    The "shielding" that you mentioned to "protect J.W.s" is also how members of the Taliban are trained. They are shielded from all reality and brainwashed so they only believe their superiors. That is their reality and truth because they know nothing else.
    This is also the case with witnesses.

• larc
    larc

Guy,

If 1975 was not a marked year, why was there a dramatic increase in publishers and in the number baptised in 1974 and 1795, followed by a dramatic decrease in the next four years following 1975?

What do you make of this quote, "In view of the short time left, a decision to pursue a career in this system of things is not only unwise, but extremly dangerous." Guy, what is your definition of a short time?

• Eric
    Eric
    I see in these boards "JWs left truth because they thought the world was coming to an end in 1975, they sold their houses and left their jobs." There was no mentioned of Armageddon in the publications set for 1975. All the society said that it has been 6,000 since Adam was created on 1975. Some JWs took that as a sign and did stupid things. It was their individual fault, not the organization. They deserve what they got for not reading the bible.

Guyfurna,

If what you say is true, that these people did a stupid thing by selling their homes and dumping their worldly security, and that it was the individual's fault in doing so, then why did the Watchtower Society recommend IN PRINT doing exactly these things pre-1975?

Eric

Ah, but I see I am 9 minutes too late for Guyfurna's self-imposed discussion cut-off. Likely he will never open Watchtower literature from pre-1975, never question whether what he believes is in fact what happened, will never look up one damn thing at all.

It is sad.

• Valis
    Valis

So troll boy...your idea of

Jehovah's witnessess is the only religion that is preaching the good news worldwide. They don't preach about negative things, just a hope about the future.

goes something like this..taken directly from thier site...not only is it crazy, as in outlandish and fantasy, but they also go on to prove themselves as liars....

Some, at least, of the generation that saw the "beginning of pangs of distress" in 1914 will live to see Paradise restored on earth. (Matthew 24:3-8, 34) However, it is a sad fact that most people today are on the broad road that leads to destruction. (Matthew 7:13, 14) There is little time left for them to change. How thankful you can be that Jehovah has provided warning in time!
    Meaning most will die, because of thier worldly ways, unless of course you do what they tell you to and call it divine guidance...but this is the really funny part...

As you associate with Jehovah's organization, you will find the atmosphere very different from that of temples and churches. There is no soliciting of money, no backbiting or quarreling, and no discrimination because of family background or financial standing. The most outstanding quality among Jehovah's Witnesses is love.
    Different indeed! This entire line of drivell can be found here...

http://www.watchtower.org/library/lmn/article_11.htm

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

guyferna, complaining about people who complain too much is just so tasteless

(¯`·.¸the agents of oblivion descend upon the sane¸.·´¯)

• Carmel
    Carmel

Guy,

I'm sorry to pop your bubble, but the Jw's are not the only ones spreading the gospel nor are they thee only ones who think they are. You need to get out of the cave and explore the world and find out that what the dubs are pounding into your psyche is propaganda. They may use some facts but they use them to distort the truth. Doubt me? I'll gladly provide you with evidence, if in fact you are seeking truth. Otherwise you are simply mimicing what you've been told by others to be the truth.

In any case you are responsible for seeking reality for yourself. You can't leave it to the elders or the Watchtower publications to limit your responsibility.

cheers,

Let me know if you want "proof".

carmel

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Please post the magazine issue of the 1975 fiasco. I'll look that up.

Look it up yourself. Most of you dubs are just too damn lazy to do any real work of your own.

By-the-way, there were dozens of mentions of 1975, everywhere from the Life Everlasting book to KMs. I lived through all of that shit, and you are talking out-of-your clueless ass.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit