My grandson is interviewing with Harvard tomorrow

by coffee_black 47 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

HARVARD!

Hope he has great scholarships or rich grandparents!

That should be the ticket to wherever he wants to go in life.

Congrats!

Doc

• breakfast of champions
  • coffee_black
    coffee_black

Desirous of change. When we toured Harvard last summer, we were told by head of admissions that if the parents earn less than $60,000. per year that they have student aid that will cover your tuition...that if you are accepted, they will see to it that you be covered. My daughter is on disability.

He wants to be a doctor.

Coffee

• cantleave
    cantleave

Wishing him the very best of luck!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Smart is only half of the battle. The other half is working hard, staying focused and being true to your inner self. My impression is that your grandson has and is developing those qualities, as well.

S

• Scott77
    Scott77

Very wonderful and CB. Best wishes for your gradson.

Scott77

• bsmart
    bsmart

Education opens up your life! Wonderful news!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Celebrate! Except if he goes in to become a lawyer. Then you have to wonder where you went wrong...

Edit: Under $60,000 and you don't have to pay. $60-80,000 and you only have to pay a few thousand per year I believe.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

He wants to be a doctor. At one point he was considering Law...and maybe politics... he wants to make the world a better place. He has since seen the corruption, and wants no part of it. I think you're right about the tuition, Mrfreeze. When we toured we were told that if you are accepted, they will not allow money to stand in the way.

Coffee

• l p
    l p

Coffee - congratulations im so pleased to hear this....let us know how he goes...

i too love hearing about people studying...im starting my second degree now....

i love education.....god knows what i will do after that degree finishes....

lp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit