Did YOU Go A Bit Wild or Crazy When You Left The "Truth"?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

oh, and im finally happier than ive ever been

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Lots of Christmas decorations, including LED lights, that stay up all summer.

Going around and selling drugs, no. Going on a shooting spree at the local elementary school, no. Stealing everything I could get, no. Going around swearing (where every other word is a swear word) where such is not permitted, no (and here, I do my own editing when I post something a swear word would have fit).

• ndmom73
    ndmom73

Thinking back on it, I guess it was all relative. I was a teenager and my parents were going through a very nasty divorce that they put me in the middle of. The "wild" things that I did were things that I was doing BEFORE my parents were no longer JW's. And because I remained friends with many JW's my age, I know that I was actually much less wild then they were.

A bit off topic, but when I look at my teenagers who were and are kept busy with choir, theater, sports and working to keep up with academics so that they can participate in the activities they love, not to mention make time for friends and yes dating, they don't have time to act out in the ways that myself and my friends did. We have open communication and although yes there have been times that I have wished they made other choices their paths are quickly corrected because we are able to discuss what is going on in their lives and they are not sneaking around hiding things from me.

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

Actually it happened before I "left the 'truth'", that's why I got DF'd- lol

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I experimented. Tested my boundries. Found those boundries.

I did that before I left -- even mentally.

Yeah, guess I'm just one of "those" kind of people.

Once you get older, even if you haven't gotten wiser, there are physical limitations on how much sh!& you can do and still recover.

Doc

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Well I haven't officially left yet but I've done some pretty crazy things already, but I recently did something so funny and exiting that I'm still laughing about it now!

So me and another brother who has been disillusioned by the wtb&ts and is in the current fading process decided to snoop around at a circuit assembly that wasn't ours. (we were only there because the sound department needs our help and they don't have any other better "spiritually strong & qualified" brothers and it's good to get away and explore other places while we're there)

We went into a part of the rented assembly place that was "off limits" when in reality we've been there before and know that place inside out. It's like a basement but extremely huge! I compare it to that scene in batman begins where Bruce is test driving the bat mobile!

So anyway we were headed for the bathrooms there and my friend hit the light switch turning all the lights on which got the floor attendants attention. Then me and the brother looked at each other, smiled and started running away for the exit!

An attendant also ran towards another door, opened it and yelled, "hey stop! You are not authorized to be here!" And I just turned around and yelled, "screw you & your authority!" and got out through another door, got in an elevator and headed back to the top floor. We stayed at the sound desk the entire time laughing our asses off!

All throughout the day we kept seeing attendants scanning the area with their walkie talkies in their hand. They never found us.

But I do believe there will be crazier things that will be done once I left.

OneDayillBeFree

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Haha, nice story, ODIBF. I don't know what will happen when I'm physically out. I don't have any plans to cut loose. If anything, I'd like to live more strictly than the JWs, just to spite them.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I tried not to (but with varying results!)

While I am all for giving the WTS the proverbial "Two-fingered Salute" (or "The Finger", for those of you in the USA!), I stop short of doing anything that is going to harm my health in that same process.

As far as I am concerned, there is little point in cutting off ones nose just to spite the face!

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit