Did YOU Go A Bit Wild or Crazy When You Left The "Truth"?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Eva- stop going to Amsterdam!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It does happen mostly out the fact that people are highly repressed about many things being a JWS and as the case with adolescents,

rebelliousness combined with independence is there already, so when they disembark from the religion usually this leads them into trouble.

I might be considered in that group myself for I left when I was 21 years old.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Nope. Boring I know, but too long in the tooth to go crazy. I did an awful lot in my youth whilst supposedly a good little JW, so don't feel the need now.

I also feel no guilt or restraint for anything I choose to do now, so would not have the thrill of doing something "naughty", if I do it, it is O.K

I will do nothing that harms another, and I really don't think it a good idea at this time of life to risk certain things that may harm me, I only got free of the WT relatively recently and actually started to live life as it should be, I am not going to risk that.

But, I am always up for some fun ! just keep it short of hurting anyone, is all I ask. The only exception being the GB of the WT, hurt them all you like.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Nope. Still just as boring as ever. I am of the mind set that I will try something once. OH... I just remembered. I tried chewing tobacco twice. My father-in-law chews so I tried it once then about 6 months latter again.... I threw up all over both times. I did like the initial "drunk like" dizzy feeling I got.

• undercover
    undercover

I experimented. Tested my boundries. Found those boundries. Stay within them for the most part now.

You know... the shit teenagers and college kids do at the age of 18 to 22 or so. The stuff that most born-in JWs never experience. Once you get through it, survive it, you settle down into what works for you and you stablize. Even if that stablized lifestyle is considered 'wild or crazy' by zealous, dull, JWs.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I did a lot more when I was IN. Got drunk more times than I can count. At pot cookies on 3 occasions. Smoked 1/2 a cigarette once. Huffed gasoline 3 different times when I was a teen.

Now just a boring sober dude with 2 kids. If it was ok with my wife I would still drink. But I can't drink moderatly so Im better off not touching it. And apparently Im a big asshole when I drink. Happy wife happy life right???

• sd-7
    sd-7

For me, yeah. Still haven't had a beer yet, but I tried the sex thing. Things settled down after that, and growing different kinds of beards and watching R-rated movies is about as wild as I get nowadays. I just wasn't meant to 'go wild', really. It's just not in me, so far, at least. There was only so much I would be willing to do without being terrified anyway.

--sd-7

• minimus
    minimus

A lot of us middle aged ones almost felt the need to experiment with what everyone else did when they were younger/.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Wow! That was my 3000TH POST!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

3000!

Three thousand posts!

I truly must be zealous

Teaching lies against Jehovah God!

May we deceive

All men to become selfish

And to stare at women who are hot!

--sd-7

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Still haven't had a beer yet, but I tried the sex thing. Things settled down after that,

I couldn't function normally without regular sex. Things settled down after that? Are you sure you did it right? lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit