The Watchtower Society has come to grips with the futility of D2D preaching

by wasblind 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fencing
    Fencing

The door-to-door work has exactly zilch to do with spreading the word. Its only purpose is to keep people busy, tired, embarassed and feeling guilty for not "doing more". All so they pull closer to the herd and do what they're told.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I think they see the magazine selling/contribution/donation days are over so they are going to go modern and start mining the internet. Good luck suckers!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    are they soliciting donationa online yet?... I never visit the site..

I haven't seen that on jw.org as yet, but here in the UK they have had a dedicated site for years:-

https://www.jwgift.org/Welcome.aspx

George

• wasblind
  • whathappened
    whathappened

I just wonder when they will take out ads on websites, directing people to jw.org? I wonder which site they will advertise on first...jwfacts, jwsurvey or JWN.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Terry: What sort of liability does the Society have should a JW get into a an assault or murder as a representative at some civilian's door?

Legal nipped much of that in the bud many years ago. Not long ago someone posted a quotation from (I think) the elder's manual that the rank and file JWs are not sanctioned by Watchtower as "representatives". Only circuit overseers and higher rank are honored with that term.

Len

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Well, does this mean there are other slaves providing online spiritual food for the online community? Mormons volunteered to work various hours with those little Ads you click on the side of your I.E. or Chrome "I am a Mormon, Find Out More!".

Will the Watchtower Organization start running Ad slots on various websites allowing Witnesses to interact with each "mouse click"? What a mess, I can see this as their next shift in the effort to get more people in the Halls.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Speaking of D2D, Just the other day I was thinking about how often I see JW's walking in pairs and talking to each other, or gathering in bigger groups, or standing holding a magazine. I rarely see them knocking on doors, much less talking to a possible convert. If the hours of service apply only to the time when they actually talked/preached to a non-jw, how much less preaching time would show on the annual report. I venture to say that the number would be 1/20th or lower of the numbers they have. The Hispanic JW's that I see in my neighborhood socialize among themselves much more than they preach, and that seems to be the general rule for other areas too.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Stay tuned for a release of the Watchtower internet browser!

Download it to your computer direct from jw.org! what a loving expression from the Governing body. Feel safe to view the internet with a browser that only allows access to our own website and material! Veiw pictures of pussies in safe wt mode that will only bring you pictures of cute kittens wearing burkhas!

free with WTBROWSE 1.1 is WTSECURITY 1.0, the anti facebook, anti youtube, anti email and anti everything virus vault. Not on our list (very very short) of OK sites? No fear! Satan will be locked up!

FREE with your $50 donation to the 'worldwide work'

Oz

• wasblind
    wasblind

Like blood fractions that were considered by the WTS to be equivalent to idolatry and fornication

The WTS refered the internet a snake.

Usin' New Light and a couple of adjusments, The Snake has become the WTS friend

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit