The Watchtower Society has come to grips with the futility of D2D preaching

by wasblind 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

but there is a verse in the bible that says 'you have to go door to door'

thats why they know the have the truth and everyone else is a fake christian

and what about the song 'from house to house from door to door'

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ OUTLAW

Good points Terry

Hello there Tater-T,

If Jesus had the internet back then, I'm sure

he would have used any means necessary to get out an urgent message

• james_woods
    james_woods

They may realize it is futile for gaining members (it has been futile for decades - futile for all their history) - but that does not mean they will quit making their people do it.

It is futile for making converts - but not futile as a Watchtower behavior control mechanism.

Same thing could be said for the Mormon Missionaries - viewed by the Mormon church as a rite of passage for Mormon teen boys rather than a valid recruitment tool.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I agree James,

I don't think they will quit either, it's to much of a brand for them

A futile brand that is.

LOL @ Cobalt cupcake They still look down on further Edumacation

• james_woods
    james_woods

Indeed, Wasblind - same thing could be said for the Hare Krishnas dressed in orange sacks in the airport, too -

Pure cult mind control tactics.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T
    If Jesus had the internet back then, I'm sure
    he would have used any means necessary to get out an urgent message

Agreed.. would he have used TV too... as I recall they were real sticklers about D2D being the only approved way to preach when Tv was mentioned so whats the difference

• cedars
    cedars

No they haven't. If they had, they would drop it altogether. This is merely a half-hearted acknowledgment that the internet is winning.

Cedars

• wasblind
    wasblind

Now see there Tater-T you made me whip out my switch blade ( WT literature )

" Then, in the 1920's, another instrument became available to give wide publicity to the kingdom message. Brother Rutherford felt strongly that the hand of the lord was manifest in it's developement. What was it ? Radio."_______Proclaimers of Gods Kingdom book page 562

Yep, it's clear as a bell that Jesus would have used the internet. Even Rutherford thought along the same lines

• wasblind
    wasblind

This is merely a half-hearted acknowledgment that the internet is winning.____Cedars

who'd a thunk it !!!!!!!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

so radio, internet ok.. TV is a big NO...

great find... wasn't trying to start a fight... just adding from my own recollections...

IF YOU DON'T GO DOOR TO DOOR ... YOU AIN'T A CHRISTIAN...

great thread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit