This just new: Thirty-hour quota for auxiliary pioneering (letter)

by pixel 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

" When my ex and I left the pioneer service we received a letter from the Society asking us to count up the books and magazines we had left over from our pioneer service and pony up the difference between the pio and pub rate. They said we could just pop it into the contribution box. We never did."

is that for real cobaltcupcake? Wow!

The sad thing is that they will say: "This is a blessing from Jehovah", as if he sent a memo to the GB/FDS/WT to promote this 30 hour quota.

• sir82
    sir82

I suspect this will be met with a rather large yawn.

It may well even have the opposite effect than what the WTS wants. For the past 2 years, they had the 30-hour requirement just one month a year. There was enormous peer pressure to "join the group" and make a big effort for that one month.

Now, depending on when the CO visits, a congregation may have up to 4 months in a year in which 30 hours is good enough.

1) No more peer pressure to join the group and get 30 hours: "Oh my schedule doesn't allow it this month - I'll be sure <wink wink> to do it the next time a 30 hour month comes around."

2) If you are the type that auxiliary pioneers a few times a year, why bother to do it in a 50 hour month? Wait a month or 2 and you can do just 30. So for 8, 9, 10 months for the year, there will be far far fewer aux. pios.

Eventually, as the numbers come in and the WTS does its analysis, 30 hours will be the new requirement. And quite likely, at the same time regular pioneering requirements will drop to 60, or conceivably even 50 hours per month.

Jehovah's celestial chariot appears to be misfiring on a few cylinders.

• Gayle
    Gayle

For in U.S., there are only 2 (50 hr) Aux. Pios per month per avg. cong. Worldwide, it's about 1.6 per cong. That group (50 hr) is decreasing.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The sad thing is that they will say: "This is a blessing from Jehovah", as if he sent a memo to the GB/FDS/WT to promote this 30 hour quota.

Everything is spun like the GB gives a rats ass about the publishers. This was the same spin on the bookstudy arrangement. Apparently the cost of gas was too high.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

"Even if the last day of an auxiliary pioneer’s service falls on the first evening of the circuit overseer’s visit, the auxiliary pioneer may choose a 30-hour quota for that month and may attend the circuit overseer’s meeting with the pioneers in its entirety."

They are not stingy at all when it comes to conning you into free labor.

• Splash
    Splash

Does anyone know if Pioneers are still taken off for not meeting their quota?

I can't recall a recent incident of it, and all the pioneers I know who do not make their time year after year are allowed to continue.

Splash

• sir82
    sir82
    Does anyone know if Pioneers are still taken off for not meeting their quota?

Most certainly not. In our congregation less than half meet their yearly goal.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

So whats in store for the future. How many times will this number get reduced.

Future requirement: "Is he breathing?"

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I hate this reporting of numbers. When I was the secretary there was a publisher that made Pioneer hrs each month, but never signed up. The CO would chastise me when he thought the stats were off. He asked why was she omitted? I said, " She was approached on the matter and felt that she didn't need it announced each month". She was a good example, of not broadcasting her sacrifice.

• tornapart
    tornapart

We had the service overseer come round with pile of application forms in his hand. Asked me if I wanted one... I just looked at them, bristled and said 'no thanks, if I want one I'll come to you....' he went away rather sheepishly to find his next victim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit