WHY does God fail to...

by Martini 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Martini
    Martini

...attain unanimous support from His creation of free moral agents? From the majority at least.

Apparently according to the WT interpretation of God's own book...a prominent Spirit creature who made himself Satan became unsatisfied and left God.Later untold numbers would join the Devil.
    Now the only solution for the future of these 'rebels' would be for God to destroy them.

Then the very first human creatures apparently also felt unsatisfied and withdrew from God.They got destroyed.
    Later God had to confuse the language of all humans because they were unanimously opposed to God. Those people too are history.

Then God had an ark built because All flesh had left God's way except for a handful of people.
    Evidently God was not expecting any great number to actually join Noah, otherwise God would have had Noah build several Arks! Well God did what he had to do and so pulled the plug and sent the work of his hands down the drain.

Then God chose a Nation to follow his ways. It all went well for a short time but soon God had more complainers than sympathizers and so off to the chopping block God sent them.

Finally God sent His most loyal supporter hopefully to recruit the masses from that so-called dedicated Nation. Nothing of the sort took place instead they nailed His Son to (something) and scattered the few followers that did support him.The rest of that Nation soon faced you guessed it... destruction.

Through out the Centuries since there has never been any unanimous support for God on earth.All
    that ever happens is that people die one way or another.
    Today too according to WT who feels they alone are the most "loyal" supporters of God they say only few humans will side with God and so soon God will have to, well destroy untold billions. Even among these "most loyal" of all humans, a million or more have left their ranks and each day many more leave.According to the WT God will have to destroy these too!

This scenerio boggles my mind...why God cannot get the majority of intelligent creatures on His side. In fact according to His 'book' He knows most will not so the ONLY solution is to destroy them!

Of course the above reasoning comes to me from the WTS. So maybe there in lies the problem. For me the WT explaination is no longer clear enough.

Why in His Omnipotence could He not show convincingly who He is and why we should unite with Him? Perhaps an explaination from God is forthcoming, because so far all what I've heard from the WTS sounds more and more like MYTH.

I would appreciate any comments.

Respectfully
    Martini.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy
    This scenerio boggles my mind...why God cannot get the majority of intelligent creatures on His side. In fact according to His 'book' He knows most will not so the ONLY solution is to destroy them!

Very good question. I have pondered this myself for a very long time. It just doesn't seem right, does it? Why would the majorityof mankind reject God?

Why in His Omnipotence could He not show convincingly who He is and why we should unite with Him?

I have prayed for years for some sort of sign from God, not to explain everything but to merely let me know what it is that he wants me to do.

• spectromize
    spectromize

Martini,

We as humans don't have an exact count of all the spirit creatures in the heavens that stayed faithful to Jehovah, furthermore raise your eyes high up in the sky and see the stars and if you had a powerful telescope you would probably see some galaxies. In those galaxies you would probably find solar systems like ours. Wether some of these solar systems are inhabited our not we have not been told by our creator directly but one can only imagine that if Jehovah God has promised eternal life to those who love Him, I'm sure He has plans to keep them busy.

It would be presumptuous to conclude that God does not have the majority of his servants as faithful and loyal.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Your point is taken, Spec. But I hope you realize that Martini is speaking of the human race,who according to Scripture, was made in God's image.

• spectromize
    spectromize

Frenchy,

I thought he was talking about all of God's servants in heaven or on the earth.

• Martini
    Martini

Hello Friends,
    Both of you are correct.
    When I spoke of the majority of free moral agents,
    Frenchy is correct by saying I was refering to the human race on earth.
    As far as having allegiance in heaven, well Spec you are correct we have no way of knowing how many Spirit creatures remained loyal to God except
    what the inspired account reveals to us, and it says that many broke ranks to join Satan.

Another point I wanted to add to this question I'm pondering is that Revelation tells us that a great many will rebel against God at the end of the thousand years when Satan is released for a short time. Why would anyone choose to rebel after having witnessed paradise conditions is above me!
    Again this is how the WTS has interpreted these writings so the root of my question then seems to be whether or not WT theology is accurate concerning these events.
    I'm not so much concerned to know whether some other belief system has all the correct answers because I don't believe there is ANY belief system that has the complete Truth. What bugs me is that we JW's through the WTS insist to be God's exclusive channel for Truth. Basically we are given the impression if we JW's don't know something spiritual certainly no one else knows better.
    A little examination though is proving this to be false. I'm interested to know when will our WTS officially retract or prove this extraordinary claim.
    Do you feel the WTS has knowledge over and above any other belief system?

Warmest greetings,
    Martini.

• waiting
    waiting

As one local brother told me - straight faced - "Whatever the old men in NY say, that's good enough for me."

The Society wants us desperately to believe they are God's only channel......and they're willing to kick us out and us be shunned by friends and family for the rest of our lives if we don't believe they are God's only channel.

Rather puts them in a bad light for PR purposes, doesn't it? Does it seem rational that God would kick us out for - not challenging him - but for challenging an earthly organization which has repeatedly changed over the decades?

The questions never end, do they?

• Martini
    Martini

Hello Friends,
    Both of you are correct.
    When I spoke of the majority of free moral agents,
    Frenchy is correct by saying I was refering to the human race on earth.
    As far as having allegiance in heaven, well Spec you are correct we have no way of knowing how many Spirit creatures remained loyal to God except
    what the inspired account reveals to us, and it says that many broke ranks to join Satan.

Another point I wanted to add to this question I'm pondering is that Revelation tells us that a great many will rebel against God at the end of the thousand years when Satan is released for a short time. Why would anyone choose to rebel after having witnessed paradise conditions is above me!
    Again this is how the WTS has interpreted these writings so the root of my question then seems to be whether or not WT theology is accurate concerning these events.
    I'm not so much concerned to know whether some other belief system has all the correct answers because I don't believe there is ANY belief system that has the complete Truth. What bugs me is that we JW's through the WTS insist to be God's exclusive channel for Truth. Basically we are given the impression if we JW's don't know something spiritual certainly no one else knows better.
    A little examination though is proving this to be false. I'm interested to know when will our WTS officially retract or prove this extraordinary claim.

Warmest greetings,
    Martini.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Since so many of their published beliefs have proven to be wrong over the years I would have to answer no. I'm not trying to be harsh here but I am trying to be completely honest.

• waiting
    waiting

Well, you may be honest, but at least your not brutal. And your honesty seems to have a lot of others thinking the same way you do.

We have all been told to be quiet - warned to be quiet or have the label of apostate stamped on our foreheads - and for years we have been.

Because we were quiet - we didn't know that others existed just like us - and look! we're not weird!!!! Well, speaking for others, that is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit