Hi everybody!

by Pickler 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Pickler
    Pickler

Hi everybody.

Well, I've been lurking for a few weeks & have made a few posts, so it's time to bravely introduce myself some more...

I was raised in the religion, baptized & then DF'd in 1992. I live in sydney and youll be pleased to hear i have survived Armageddon (also known as the Hottest day on record for sydney 45.6C).

Ive never looked at any witness related stuff online, but my son showed me something about the conti case and i was so intrigued!!!! Following links led me to this & other websites....

Since then I have spent literally hours on the Internet discovering all this information. So many late nights/early mornings. Everything i remember is from 20 years ago, so its been shocking for me to read about all the changes/backflips/deceits of the Borg. And there's no book study group, whaaaat????

Discovering this community has meant discovering people who have had lives similar to mine, which has made me feel less isolated (and a bit emotional). I've never really spoken about my experiences. Mainly because its just so hard to explain to non JW.

im so happy to realize that there's so many of us out there.

its great to meet you all!

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Look forward to hearing more...

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome Pickler - I remember those late nights too. I also ignored all ex-jw stuff for years after I left but it was fascinating to see how things were changing when I starting searching.

Make yourself at home.

• carla
    carla

Welcome!

• BorgHater
  • Think About It
    Think About It

Hello and welcome to JWN.

• gorgia
    gorgia

Hi Pickler!

I'm from Perth. Welcome, I hope to read more from you. Keep researching!

gorgia

• Pterist
    Pterist

Welcome Pickler, yes, most here have been through the JW baptism of fire. Just don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Jesus LIVES !

• Pterist
    Pterist

Gorgia**** I'm from Perth****

Welcome to you 2!

I lived in Queens Park, and Freemantle for about 6 months way back in 1989. Loved it, beautiful place.

I learned how to distinguish between "stubbies" and "tinnies" LOL

Worked in Alcoa, great benefits, was sorry to leave!

Shalom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit