Hi everybody!

by Pickler 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Pickler! When I left 45 years ago there was no internet. Fast foward to two years ago and for some reason or other I decided to see how large the JW's had become....not very much factoring in the entire world population increase. Then stumbled into Freeminds.org, this site and a few others. It was mind blowing.........and it was like discovering my own lost tribe. Even then after so much time had passed I still understood what everone was feeling, talking about etc. I read insider stories about Bethel and JW Presidents (mind blowing).

This is a good place for discussion and debate.

Gio

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome. Isn't it great to learn that leaving the Watchtower was a blessing in disguise after all?

• Scott77
    Scott77

Wow, its not a high time to bombshell one of our own for finding TTATT? What a loving apostate people we are! Word cannot describe how happified we are to see one of our own finally coming out to a land of freedom.

Scott77

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome Pickler.

Everything i remember is from 20 years ago, so its been shocking for me to read about all the changes/backflips/deceits of the Borg.

Part of my 'there's something not quite right here' experiences was when, at around age 15/16, my Mom did a complete reversal on Evolution. For 15 to 16 years of my life she emphatically denied Darwin and the Theory of Evolution. Then, one day, she said to me "Well, there could be something to this Evolution." My immediate reaction (in my head was ) "Say WHAT?! I'm OUT!" I figure there had to be some farticle in an Asleep! or Wacktower ragazine that did a turn about. It's all so screwed up.

"And there's no book study group, whaaaat???? "

And the vast majority of JWs were so thrilled when that meeting got tossed, I thought, "Why not toss all the meetings?"... So that's what I eventually did. LOL

Way to go, Billy!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Welcome

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome again Pickler. Good to have you here.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit