Hi everybody!

by Pickler 26 Replies latest jw friends

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome Pickler!

For a little ex-JW humor you might enjoy my blog: The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• flipper
    flipper

PICKLER- It's so nice to have you here ! Welcome to the forum. AS you stated you are among folks who understand and know what you've experienced and gone through. I was a born-in JW who exited the organization over 9 years ago at age 44 and I too have been shocked at the WT Society's criminal behavior after leaving the organization. It just confirms we made the right decision to leave, eh ? No more book study's at homes. TWO different Watchtowers printed now- one for the public in field service to place - one for the Witnesses only to study at their Sunday meetings with stricter, more controlling information so the public doesn't read it. The deceptions of this organization knows no bounds. Look forward to hearing your story sometime ! You are among friends here who will be supportive . Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Blackbird Singing
    Blackbird Singing

Welcome Pickler, Nice to have you here! Blackbird

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Nice to meet you as well

• Scott77
    Scott77

picker,

Welcome. Please check up jwfacts.com. Paul G from is from Australia and has one the most impressive site on JW. Hope that helps.

Scott77

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome, I know what you mean, it's hard to explain and seems bizarre unless you've been there.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

"And there's no book study group, whaaaat???? "

I know what you mean. We always used to be told that it was so important because the book study group in private homes would be %1 resource when the tribulation started. And they reason stated for dumping it was gasoline prices? And the vast majority of JWs were so thrilled when that meeting got tossed, I thought, "Why not toss all the meetings?"... So that's what I eventually did. LOL

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

welcome, my story is the same as yours.. never looked for 20+ years.. wow what an eye opener.. it was very emtional for me as well..

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

WELCOME!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Pickler and congratulations on surviving 45.6 C (or 114F) temperatures in Sydney. I don't like it when the temperature breaks 100F in S. CA.

Have you read any of Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs") or visited his website? If you have family members who are JWs, Hassan's books may help you rebuild or improve your relationships with them.

Also, Hassan's books may help exJW's, who you know, deal with issues from their WTBTS experience. I know an exJW, who left the WTBTS about 25 years ago and does not believe the Bible is God's inspired word, but does believe that the WTBTS is correctly interpreting the Bible. He would be very susceptible to rejoining the WTBTS if he experiences some devastating emotional crisis.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit