33 %

by Theredeemer 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

So, my mother in law who is still active went out in service with the group that had the CO visit and came back with some very interesting news. First off, she knows that we are fading and is ok with it and has some doubts herself. Anyhow, she said that the co went off track during the meeting before service and mentioned how we are now allowed to receive up to 33% of blood in a transfusion. He said that its up to your conscience and quote " if you see me at the hospital with a bag of red liquid, You leave me alone and I'll leave you alone". She said nobody really thought anything about it which shocked her because to her that was a huge statement. We ended having an awesome conversation and she realized how sad it has become. I showed her the pic from the magazine with the order of who's who in jahs earthly org and the first thing she said was "Where is JC ?". Has anybody else heard of the 33% thing?Sounds to me like blood is now officially a conscience matter

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow,,that was quite a statement from the CO. And the part You leave me alone and I'll leave you alone".

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Theredeemer,

Wow. That's a whole enchilada you brought to the Board tonight!

It is midnight here on the West Coast, PST. The Board goes kind of quiet, this time of night.

Your post is 100% fascinating, of course, to all of us. Maybe give it a bump up tomorrow morning. I don't know where you are or even which continent you are

on, lol, but about 6 hours from now, more people will be up and on the Board. It will be interesting to see what others have to say, what they know, have heard.

Just Lois

• happy@last
    happy@last

Id like to see it in writing first, sounds like a fading CO to me, lol.

What scriptural basis would they have for 33%, how would you know an anaesthetist had given 33% and not 34%?

• ambersun
    ambersun

I echo what others have already said

"Wow"

Other than that I am speechless

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I would like to see what others said they heard first hand. Often, when hearing something unexpected, the actual words get mixed up. And the CO's words might have been expressed 'off the cuff,' and maybe not quite as he would have had he had time to formulate his words better.

I have a hunch he was referring to the fact that hemaglobin is roughly 33% of a red blood cell. And hemaglobin is a 'conscience matter' as far as the Society is concerned.

• Theredeemer
  • dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Until its direct from the WT I would take it with a grain of salt. However, a year and a half ago, (a week after I tore up my "No Blood" card), I told my wife, "now that they allow fractions, I believe in the next 10 years they will say whole blood transfusions will be a "conscience" matter". Perhaps this is what is slowly happening. And maybe the WTBTS gave secret instructions to the DOs and COs to say things like that from the OP???

• tiki
    tiki

huh?!?

maybe they just ought to scrap all their rules and regulations and start from scratch.....

• james_woods
    james_woods

By this logic, it would also be perfectly fine for a JW to eat blood sausage provided that is was carefully made to a special recipe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit