"I just want to keep them alive."

by cedars 29 Replies latest social family

• clarity
    clarity

Keep them alive? .... well we cant, any more than we can keep

ourselves alive.

>

This 'death thing', is relentless, and nothing

can prove otherwise. Nobody has lived forever!

Or come back to talk about it!

>

What we can do, is realize that we can only live in the NOW.

Today.

This very minute. One second at a time.

Age means nothing. You can only live one second at a time!

>

The seconds do run out, at different lengths of times ... so what!

<

So, what matters is, that the seconds are fully lived!

>

Whether your face is full of wrinkles or your cheeks are as smooth

as a babies bottom while you live these seconds, is immaterial.

>

Young or old ... you still get sick! So age doesn't matter!

>

Mind over matter "if you don't mind ...it don't matter"!

>

We need to accept that the supply of seconds may be getting

short for many ......myself included, so if there are questions

that need answering ........ ASK now ... or forever wonder!

>

Watchtower teaches that the past didn't mean anything.

>

They say today is not important, not the real life.!

>

Just live for some pie in the sky ...tommorrow or,

until we tell you to start living!!!!!!!!!!

<

Maybe that's why the increasing 'death thing' we see

all around us now ..... scares us.

>

Live every second ... right now,

& every second will add up to a wonderful life.

clarity

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have a friend, she was given three to six months to live, that was nine months ago. She has had multiple cancers in her life, the first in her early twenties. She is 60 now, the chemo back then was not as well targeted, so it caused much damage. She has had bone and blood cancer, she has had blood transfusions, which also caused damage, her body cannot make red blood cells, plus she cannot make antibodies. They don't even know what to do with her. They had her on pain meds and all kind of other things, her body couldn't really process it, her liver and kidneys were so swollen she couldn't function. We all assumed she was going to die. But somehow weaned herself off all the meds, and who knew, she is still alive. Through all of this she has lived on her own (with help from friends) What is it about her that she keeps on? She doesn't know, for some reason she hasn't died. She is amazing to me, I cannot understand it. By all accounts, she shouldn't have even lived this long, what is it that keeps her going? Her life has been filled with tragedy, abused sexually and physically by her adoptive father, her husband left her when she got sick, he got custody, due to her illness. She lost one child at birth, another ended up a drug addict, she hasn't seen him in 10 years. Yet somehow she keeps going on, and not just that she has a good attitude, no whining. I look at her and it helps me when I have my struggles, if she can keep going, so can I.

• talesin
    talesin

clarity

In answer to the OP, a resounding "No!"

I do not wish prolonged suffering on someone just because I will grieve their loss. Longevity is no measure of quality of life, IMO. I remember when my Grampy died - I went to see him almost every day for many months. Hardly anyone else in his family of 9 children and all the other grandchildren, etc., ever came to see him in the nursing home. He was old and weakened; he could no longer walk, and had to lie in the bed all day, but with a strong heart that was keeping him alive. He wanted to die, and join Grammy, who had died 15 years earlier. He kept asking me "is it okay to go, I just want to be with her?" I told him it was okay with me, and not to worry about the others telling him not to leave. Sometimes, death is a blessing.

tal

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

My aunt got a good 85 year run at life, lived it very fully. She lived on her sailboat until the last month when she had to go into hospice. She was ready to call it quits here, had worked on her bucket list.

I got her to write those stories down so they would not be forgotten, and I put them on a web site that she enjoyed having. She even wrote the final farewell to everyone.

So sure, this life gets swallowed up in death, but you can make your life count, if you dare to.

http://fultzsfolly.webs.com/

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I get it too. My parents are in their late 70's and I am very blessed that they were never JW's and they are very healthy and active. They have a great life traveling, exercising, golfing and many other activities. They don't even look like they are in their 70's but I dread the day when they do start to go down hill. I feel like I lost so much time with them because of this crummy religion. They never talked to me about it but just continued to stay in touch. I cried when one of my siblings told me that Dad use to cry at Christmas because we weren't there and that they needed to be careful so they wouldn't lose me to this cult!! I am thankful they never gave up on me.

• erbie
    erbie

Yes Cedars, I do know.

I lost my mother to cancer not long ago.

Watching her suffer and being unable to do anything about it made me feel worse than useless.

For all my strength and determination I was powerless against it.

I know that I will carry it for the rest of my life and in some ways I am pleased to do so as I will never forget.

I think that being brainwashed into believing I would never see my parents grow old and die made it harder to accept. The realization that I had been lied to is a bitter pill to swallow I'm afraid.

A beginning has an end of course.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The idea of arresting old age and death frightens the hell out of me. We are already over consuming resources, detrimentally affecting the environment at an alarming rate and contributing to next mass extinction. If we extend our lives still further we will create more problems than we will solve. Death is hard to accept but it a necessary part of what we all belong to to - the universe.

• metatron
    metatron

I will be polite......!

Don't fall for 'Cabal' propaganda that stopping aging is bad. That's Bull Sh*t,

Go to any gang dominated city and observe the trash, garbage, graffiti, violence and uncared for kids - the results of a short, doomed mindset.

I have never heard of anyone seeking indefinite life who wants more kids. Why would they? What does having kids have to do with enjoying life?

And the environment? Trashing nature comes from a short life perspective. Why should I nuture trees that will mature after my death?

In summary, if I want a pill to make me 20 years old again, so I can nail Kim Kardashian, it has nothing to do with trying to fill the earth.

metatron

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Cedars I feel for you.

I spent my entire life WAITING for a paradise...believing my elderly family members would soon become young with me in the "new system". However I have suddenly been shaken awake. Old age sucks, and growing up in a cult did not prepare us to deal with it in a healthy way.

• cedars
    cedars

cantleave

The idea of arresting old age and death frightens the hell out of me. We are already over consuming resources, detrimentally affecting the environment at an alarming rate and contributing to next mass extinction. If we extend our lives still further we will create more problems than we will solve. Death is hard to accept but it a necessary part of what we all belong to to - the universe.

You raise an interesting point. Could it be that you've highlighted the reason why breakthroughs in extending longevity MUST coincide with human colonization of other planets?

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit