Why WTBTS Disfellowshipping Works...

by AGuest 61 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I dont usually comment on your threads but I thought it was a pointless,insensitive and downright rude comment directed at Cofty and certainly would warrant an apology which I doubt you will give, probably just another 10 pages of justifying yourself. Grow up FFS.

• AGuest
    AGuest

See the difference??

I do see it, dear Noni (peace to you!). Do YOU?

Shelby - you knew exactly what you were doing when you wrote that offensive comment - you were being vindictive as usual.

I did know what I was doing, C... and I explained that. I didn't know what YOU were thinking, though, as it truly never crossed MY mind (or heart!). And if you look at the context in which I stated it, rather than jumping to your usual, "Oh, I know what she REALLY means" habit, you might see it as well. When Angharad pointed it out, I was really quite mad that anyone would even think that of me... but since perhaps she thought so I went back and read it. Did I see it then? Not, really, no... because I "read" it as I thought of it in MY mind. But I also had to consider that if perhaps someone BESIDES you may have taken it that way, then others may have, too... and I needed to clarify... and apologize for the confusion. And so I did, publicly and sincerely.

I pointed it out to you and you wrote "and I should care why?"

I did not get what you were pointing out. All I saw was you comment as to your contempt. I saw that because it wasn't a surprise. Your contempt comes out in virtually EVERY comment you've EVER made to me... from the very first one. That you were citing this particular situation to say "why" you had contempt means you HAD it before. That it wasn't NEW. Which I've known, again, from the start. And you have taught me, with your words of contempt... to NOT care. So, I don't. See?

Angrahad calls you out on it and you act dumb. Given your long history of vindictiveness I don't buy it.

Me? "Act" dumb? You don't know me, C. I've never acted dumb in my entire life. It is form of deceit that I hated even as a child... and have no less dislike for now. I act like me... which you have yet to understand... and still can't handle. As for whether you "buy" it, I... don't... care. I can't, don't, and won't try to control what you think, even of me. You are a free moral agent; think what you will, about what... and who... you will. Only YOU can choose what you will and will not think. But if I let what YOU think of me dictate to me in ANY way, size, shape, or form, I would most like be reduced to a puddle of uncertainty and contradiction. Not me, C. That's just not me.

I don't accept your faux apology because I am not a naive child you can manipulate like you do your followers.

Then that's something you'll have to live with, luv. I made my peace with it when I sincerely and publicly apologized. S'all I can do. Because, again, I don't subscibe to that whole WTBTS elder thing of "Well, you don't look/sound repentant/sorry to ME." Needing people to go beyond their own sincerity is something YOU need to work out, luv, not me. I know what I meant. Both times.

If you want to continue the conversation do it by PM.

If you wish to, no worries - I will look for one from you. But I have nothing more to say than what I have, really. I mean, I can apologize again, offboard... but I run the same risk that you won't believe me, right? So...

A doulos of Christ,

SA, who would like to get back to the topic (and thank you, dear dreamgolfer for that attempt - peace to you!)

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I dont usually comment on your threads but I thought it was a pointless,insensitive and downright rude comment directed at Cofty and certainly would warrant an apology which I doubt you will give, probably just another 10 pages of justifying yourself. Grow up FFS.

I am grown, dear JB (peace to you!). Quite. And I can stand by what I state on this board, regardless of the untoward motives others wish to apply to me because they don't understand and/or have jumped to some poor conclusion (while NEVER looking at their own, which they even sometimes admit on and offboard is board is borne of a hatred they can't even explain for someone they don't even know). Hence, the following, which you apparently missed:

Post 10729 of 10737
    Since 3/26/2001

C, my sincere apology if my comment offended you. I truly didn't see what you may have in my comment - it was never on my mind or in heart to view you in such a way realistically. Again, I used you to show how ridiculous it might be to simply believe what a child said. Notice, I said "might." Depends on the people involved, which is why I wouldn't necessarily run to the authorities right off but want more information. I don't know you really, but if someone posted that you had been involved in ANY crime or untoward conduct, I would have a hard time believing it. I would need some more information.

Anyway, my sincere apologies if it seems like I was insinuating that - I truly was NOT.

A dolous of Christ,

SA

Folks REALLY should stop coming on and reading at the END of threads and then jumping to all kinds of wrong conclusions. If one doesn't want to understand the ENTIRE conversation/context, then one should just politely read... and politely refrain from commenting. That would be the rational and INTELLIGENT thing to do.

A doulos of Christ,

SA, who will try to return to the topic and so ask future posters to kindly do so too and take any additional issues they have with what was posted here to a different thread or PM... thank you kindly...

• cofty
    cofty

Shelby - I told you hours ago if you want to continue the conversation do it by PM but you can't do anything modestly can you?

Your vacuous protests are fooling nobody. Let it drop.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Shelby - I told you hours ago if you want to continue the conversation do it by PM but you can't do anything modestly can you?

Oh, please, C... if that's what YOU truly wanted, you would have PM'd me. Don't play YOUR immodest "I'm want people think I'm nice so I'm being nice to you but I was a WTBTS elder once, and you'd better listen to me you stupid woman," melarkey with me. I don't bow down for that kind of bullock pucky anymore. And I don't cowtow (or bullock tow) to people who are being all covert about THEIR motives and intent while trying to falsely accuse me as to mine.

It's my thread. Stick to the topic or move on.

A dolous of Christ,

SA

• cofty
    cofty
    if that's what YOU truly wanted, you would have PM'd me . - Shelby

Its not what I want. I have no desire to receive a PM from you - ever.

I had my say already. I rejected your hypocritical apology and said that if you wanted to continue the conversation further to do it by PM.

I have had nothing new to say about it since then but you can't help but act out as usual. You know what you did and why.

• tec
    tec

It never even occurred to me that Shelby could have meant something else by that, Cofty (though you may not accept that it means anything, coming from a friend of hers). But it never even crossed my mind until Angharad pointed it out, and even then, I thought she might be mistaking that you were offended about that. I can see that i was wrong, and I can see how you would have been offended. That is what apologies are for, though it sometimes takes a bit for someone to accept, and sometimes not at all; depending.

I think all allegations of child abuse should go to the parents (unless they are the ones accused), and the authorities. UNLESS you know that it is impossible for that to have occurred. However, if it is not true, then you do run the risk of hurting the one accused, perhaps ruining them. That, however, is the fault of this world and how it works: that it does not matter if someone is found innocent, people who have made up their minds, don't care about what is true. Once accused of pedophilia, then you never escape that label. Ever. I am not sure how discreet the police are on this sort of thing, until a conviction is achieved. So I hear what Shelby is saying. At the same time, if it IS true, and you mishandle that, then you run the risk of hurting the victim.

It is a tough spot to be in, and a mistake can be made either way. I guess the best way of determining your response is asking yourself what you would want someone to do for you, or for your child. (I mean, the best way besides what the law says you have to do)

When I was molested, my mother never asked me a question, she just believed me. The brother (her boyfriend) of the man who did molest me, asked me questions though. When, where, are you sure, are you ABSOLUTELY sure... tammy, are you really really sure... and I know that he was just reacting, and I don't blame him for asking the questions. I am sure that he did not want to believe what i was saying, and he needed some answers, and I think that is natural unless the proof is right there in front of you. I remember getting a little defensive, but as soon as i said I'm not lying, then he stopped asking questions. Truthfully, I had not even remembered him asking those questions (almost 30 years ago) until this thread. Everything happened very fast, and beyond those few questions, we went to the police right away.

Band, I wasn't suggesting that you were racist... I was just wondering if you had actual facts on that, or if it was opinions and hearsay, due perhaps to location. The congregation here has maybe a handful of black men and women (like 2 or 3 couples) and the rest are not. The majority here are not black.

Peace,

tammy

tammy

• tec
    tec

The OP is correct in that if the people were allowed to question the person who got df'd, then they would be more likely to question the ones giving out the 'order' to df them. Not knowing the reason gives those in authority the ability to abuse that authority and get away with bullying, abusing others.

That is one reasing df'ing works (not to bring people back), but to keep people in. Because those inside only get fed what the wts wants them to eat; and they don't see the hypocrisy as much, unless it happens to them. But then THEY are the ones cast out, with no one willing to hear their case. Because they MUST be guilty, and therefore, a danger, and therefore, avoided at all costs.

Peace,

tammy

• gone for good
    gone for good

LisaRose and Tec -

If friends like you had served as 'ministers' at my congregation, I would have attended (gladly) my judicial hearings.

My family may have been spared a lifetime of anger and frustration.

GfG

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe the enitre community deciding whether someone actually did something against the rules can only work in small communities. My experience in mainstream Protestant and Catholic churches is that taking it to the enitre congregation would not work. JWs are atypical in the amount of interaction you have with other Witnesses. In a normal religion, people know each other through Sundays and maybe a class. I signed up for a host of clubs and ministires in my church. I made acquaitnaces but not deep friendships.

The law is a good example. We do not invite everyone everywhere to serve on juries. Representatives act. The jury works as a representative of the community. Based on legal experience, it is inappropriate for all to know sordid details. Orgs. can validly regulate themselves in most cases. A lot is dependent on the culture of the religion. Anglican priests are regarded. When I attended Catholic services, I was shocked at how parishioners addressed the priest--with obedience and sincere love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit