I'm so offended by what happened today at the KIngdom Hall!!

by Vienna Angelika 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Heck, I sleep during the meeting*, much to hubby's chagrin.

*At the convention. It's just too darn dull, too long.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I was just gonna tell you to sleep at the meetings! Jgnat beat me to it. Over the years there have been a lot of sleepy people at my hall.

Or don't go. Hook up to the meeting by phone. Then you can stay home and if you fall asleep, no one is the wiser; unless you are a snorer and forget to mute the phone!

And as far as that sister, you are better off not having association with her because she may spoil your useful habits!(1Cor 15:33) Sleep is GOOD. SHE is BAD association as she is unkind, uncaring and completely judgemental.

• Vienna Angelika
    Vienna Angelika

If you think she is judgemental, just wait until i post my big story. Its 100 times worse. Its long though, so I have to wait until I have the time and patience

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Well, you can post a little at a time. I'm patient!

Welcome!!!

• zeb
    zeb

I find i used to go to sleep in the KH due to an absence of ventilation and long winded speakers.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The value of an Awake Education (TM) really shows up when they have to try to understand things like medical conditions and the side effects of legitimate treatments. One of my in-laws was disfellowshipped because she was bipolar. Instead of encouraging her to see her doctor, take her meds and get conseling from a professional, they threw her under the bus.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Vienna Angelika, I'm sorry that you get so sick from your meds and that the your JWs friends feel so little compassion for you.

By the way what are your plans? You wrote that you attend school. Is that high school, vocational school, or college? How many of your friends and family are JWs?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• etna
    etna

CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT

Etna

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Before I was diagnosed with an under-active thyroid I used to fall asleep at every meeting. I also worked 5 part-time jobs some-times not getting to bed till 2am and starting again at 7am so didn't think to get checked just thought it was life.

I never got invited to people's houses before so woud not have noticed if I was being shunned for it.

If you really want to stay in, take some acting and drama classes so you can play the part of being the obedient little robot they want meanwhile making some non-conditional (non jw) friendships with people who have not had their normal levels of sympathy and compassion for their fellow man suppressed by this cult.

• gorgia
    gorgia

Vienna Angelika,

You sound like an adorable young lady. When I was a child/teen girl, the other girls in my hall were warned about the dangers of associating with me by their parents. Why? Because my parents were 'weak' spiritually. This resulted in me not being included in most of their social activities, especially when I was a teen. On the one hand, I was incredulous, (how do the opinions of others about my parents affect the quality of my friendship?!!), and on the other, (especially when I became a teenager) I was relieved. I was forced to make friends with 'worldly' girls, who turned out to be more relaxed, open & honest than the JDubs in my hall.

As for your health - it is absolutely none of this woman's business. I have memories of the elders' indifference to people's illnesses under their 'care'. Please continue to take care of yourself & try not to concentrate on people's ignorance.

x gorgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit