How Can I Kindly Kick Weak And Unproductive Publishers Out Of My Kingdom Hall?

by AuntConnie 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I honestly don't know what to make of this.

• caliber
    caliber
    I honestly don't know what to make of this.

This is cognitive dissonance at work .. it seems an impossible situation even for OP

Leon Festinger in 1954 to describe “the feeling of psychological discomfort produced by the combined presence of two thoughts that do not follow from one another. Festinger proposed that the greater the discomfort, the greater the desire to reduce the dissonance of the two cognitive elements” (Harmon-Jones & Mills, 1999)

Flipper, you are able peel back the onion and see each layer of a Witness life for what it is. Name callers or hecklers are no different from any brainwashed or inexperienced human. Lacking the insights into the dynamics of the Organization, since they never experienced pride or arrogance on this scale, it's easy to close your eyes and plug your ears and yell "Lah Lah lah lah lah!" Only two choices are really valid, I can walk away from the Organization and have dignity and rebuild my conscience and loose all my friends and family. My second option comes with more benefits, pretend to love Jehovah and my brothers and bask in all the honor and praise, privileges, "demos, parts on the Circuit and District Assembly", "Invitations to International Conventions". I am honest enough to admit, I am only a cog in the Watchtower's wheel, I never claimed to be a lowly follower of Christ

"example can be seen in many people’s continuing to smoke two or three packs of cigarettes a day, even though research shows they are shortening their own lives. They answer this cognitive dissonance with thoughts like, “Well, I’ve tried to quit and it’s just too hard,” or “It’s not as bad as they say and besides, I really enjoy smoking.” Daily smokers justify their behaviors through rationalizations or denial, just as most people do when faced with cognitive dissonance. Things are not right but at least you have the satisfaction of some momentary pleasure and relief"

(quote but lost the source)

You fight everything and everyone because of the greater inner battle being fought right in your own mind !

You can either suffer in silence or lash out for some momentary relief... of your life's contradictions

Socrates extolled that “An unexamined life is not worth living.” ..a sense of hopelessness sets in & self flagellation

Outward heckling is numbed because of the inward raging battle of anger and lack inward peace and control..

you may even welcome punishment as deserved

self-flagellation - self-punishment inflicted by whipping

self-punishment - punishment inflicted on yourself beating with a whip or strap or rope as a form of punishment

self-flag·el·la·tion (s lf fl j -l sh n). n. 1. The act of severely criticizing oneself. 2. The act of punishing oneself.

Not all cries for understanding can "make sense"

I can only ask myself .......should I seek to silence the loudest cries for help ?

• Wholly
    Wholly

You could try being as brutally honest with them as you have been here, Auntie.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Auntconnie seems to have fizzled out.

S

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I will read Aunt Connie's book when it comes out, and

I love her stand-up comedy routine,

she is 'keeping it real' and keeping us

in touch with the real life

of a dedicated Jehovah's Wittness,

what better service is there to mankind?

She tells it like it is in the Kingdom Hall and

in the perfect lives of the perfect people.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I heard you stumbled her, she probably is not coming back to JWN because she never received the hatred and poison the Watchtower said existed here. If she sticks to her own congregation, she can partake of the annual bathing in blood of virgin puppy dogs. Why were you so nice to her, that woman thrieves off hatred, pain and suffering!

One of her cohorts left a tract on my door, why can't they leave me alone? That note is the reason I am posting again, I tried to stop thinking of negative JW things and these people will not leave me alone. I find their message old, stale and lacking any substance these days.

It's ok to bash Catholics, Fundamental Christians along with the rest of Christendom, but once someone make's a remark against this minority group, they yell "hate speech" and extreme Lefties listen to their cries. It's ok to call a dissident JW a "mentally diseased" person and speak of ancient Isreal stonning them to death but when the media in Eastern European countries turn this on them, they run off to the European Union for help. Double standards, duplicity and evil.

When my dear brother tried to counsel a well connected Aunt Connie for her hatred, the Watchtower Society ripped him into a asshole and he had to make a public apology for being hateful. That's how things roll, these men and women can get away with brutal crimes against the little sheep with no punishment, are protected by the Org as long as they donate "money and time" and play the part of the play their in.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe, if we persecute her really hard, by badmouthing her, she'll come back.

S

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Hi Satanus, how is life been treating you? There is so little chaos and discension on JWN, she prefers the madness of her own Kingdom Hall. I doubt she will return because we don't know how to hate with real passion the righteous elders and elderettes have mastered to the form of pure artistic evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit