Expectation is not a false prohecy, Is the Watchtower Society in the clear ?

by wasblind 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

NO.

Why? Because there is a difference. To expect somethin' doesn't mean it will happen

For years the WTS made a direct prophecy and have claimed to meet the qualifications

of a true prophet on page 133 in the Reasoning book. They also said :

" Reguarding the fulfillment of his word, Jehovah at times inspired his prophets to make emphatic statements, such as " It will without fail come true"__________Benefit from Theocratic Ministry school Education page 195

Lets test the words of Hananiah the false prophet and the Watchtower society

" the God of Israel, has said, " I will break the yoke of the king of Babylon, within two full years more I am bringing back to this place all the utensils of the house of jehovah....." Jerimiah 28:2,3

And the WTS , the organization that claim to be guided by the holy spirit that's from Jehovah said this:

" Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the " great tribulation " in which the present wicked world will end "_________Reasoning from the scriptures book page 97

seems to me both Hananiah and the WTS used the same four letter word

and need to wash their mouth out wit' soap

• jgnat
    jgnat

...and false expectations sounds so much better.

You know what they say about the boy who cries wolf.

• wasblind
    wasblind

jnat, So accordin' to the WTS

the boy who cried wolf didn't lie, it was only an expectation

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"Expectation postponed is making the heart sick, but the thing desired is a tree of life when it does come." - Proverbs 13:12

Who gave us these “expectations”?

It was the WTBTS. They set us up to be disheartened by giving us false hopes and unrealistic promises.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I was on the Offical website, and I saw the Jan 1, 2013 WT " Should you fear the end of the world ?? "

On page 8 it asks : " Have Jehovah's Witnesses given the incorrect dates for the end ??? "

IT's clear they are trynna explain why they aren't false prophets

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

*** Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold:'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers."

NB I was a young person in 1969. Now I am retired and drawing a pension !

"The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah" - How" p216 (released 1971)

9 Shortly, within our twentieth century, the “battle in the day of Jehovah” will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom.

What year are we now in?

P S. I could accept a religion where the leaders had personal expectations that failed to materialize, if they were put across as their own human ideas and subject to failure or success, and we could debate and reject the ideas honestly. But the WTS claims a direct link with the Almighty by "Spirit direction" rejection is called rejecting Jehovah....until they change it ! That is what is wrong - the presumption .

• Balaamsass
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ is always right except when their not..

When they`re not, it`s the JW`s Fault..

Another JW hung out to Dry for..

Another WBT$ Lie..

............................ mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• Vienna Angelika
    Vienna Angelika

Yeah, they say it was just expectation, but in reality they claimed these were God's dates and that they were true without a doubt. They should really own up to what they really said and stop giving excuses like they did in this months Watchtower

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think it's rubbish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit