Jan. 1 WT, Their confession for given incorrect dates for the end.

by jam 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jam
    jam

Have Jehovah,s witnesses given incorrect dates for the end?

JW,s have had wrong expectations about when the end would

come. Like jesus' first-century disciples, we have "sometimes" (LOL)

looked forward to the fulifillment of prophecy ahead of God's

timetable. We agree with the sentiment of longtime witness

A.H. Macmillan, who said: I learned that we should admit

our mistakes and continue searching God's Word for more

enlightenment." Why, then, do we continue to highlight the

nearness of the end? Because we take seriousl Jesus words:

Keep looking, keep awake." The alternative, to be found" sleeping"

by Jesus, would prevent us from gaining his favor.

What if you lied for over 100 years, would that prevent you from

gaining his favor. And correct me if I,m wrong, Jesus disciples wasn,t

looking for the end of the world, just a little relief from their Roman

masters.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

what a joke! they try to bring down the frist centry christians to there level.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Just another LAME non apology from an abuser.

• jam
    jam

The people who are responsible for writing this, is completely

NUTS. They give some half hearted excuse for misleading their

members for over a 100yrs and then on the front cover of the

magazine "Should you fear the end of the world", people running

for their lives. Yes the end is near once more.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fear is large and important vehicle that the WTS uses to attract people to this organizationand there is no sign of this stopping.

Why ? because it works.

That article in the Jan 1 edition is a little attempt to white wash over the organization's many false predictions.

They never came out honestly and said the organization used these dates as marketing strategies for their published goods though.

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

A.H. Macmillan, who said: I learned that we should admit our mistakes and continue searching God's Word for more enlightenment."

I guess A.H. missed Matthew 24:23-28...............besides, they never ADMIT mistakes. Right away they put the burden back on the R&F to stay alert! Plus, they have the "Oops, sorry Jesus, our bad! At least we are alert! That justifies us ignoring your warnings.

The alternative, to be found" sleeping" by Jesus, would prevent us from gaining his favor

23 “Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU. 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it. 27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If YOU were in a Judicial Hearing and offered up a "non-apology" along those lines you'd be DF'd for sure!

What hypocrites!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nor did they say they unfortunately DFed people who revealed some the bible inaccuracies and understandings .

Thats the thing about religions they can create any doctrine they want and if they want to remove that doctrine latter on

they can do so with little recompense.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Nor did they say they unfortunately DFed people who revealed some the bible inaccuracies and understandings .

That particular lie by omission is a glaring one from this article. Pretend to obey Jesus, and expel anyone who actually listens to him...

--sd-7

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LORD! LORD! Did we not remain alert in your name?!

Imagine that I have a pattern of being insulting and telling lies to YOU. After years of this behavior YOU are upset and concerned. I decide that I better apologize so that others do not start to feel the same way about me as you do, perhaps some new ones who do not know me as well. So I write you a letter and say " Have humans sometimes offended other humans with bad behavior? Humans should admit their mistakes and try to behave better in the future."

Would you consider that an apology for what I did to YOU?! This is what the paragraph should have said...

Have Jehovah,s witnesses the Governing Body given incorrect dates for the end?

JW,s The Governing Body have had wrong expectations about when the end would come.

As mentioned before they are trying to make a comparison with the curiosity of Jesus' disciples and the setting of multiple dates, and the promulgation of numerous false teaching that had to be accepted under the threat of expulsion.

1) Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah's Witnesses.

2) http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/244539/1/Cut-and-Paste-of-The-List-by-Prominent-Bethelite-of-Previous-Watchtower-Predicted-Dates

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit