Witness wants to come and vist. What to do?

by MsD 33 Replies latest jw friends

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I have a tough time being rude. But if the former witnesses are saying bail... yikes

• 00DAD
    00DAD

NeverKnew: I have a tough time being rude. But if the former witnesses are saying bail... yikes

How is saying, "No thank you!" rude?

When JWs, or anyone else for that matter, ignore polite refusals of unsolicited anything, it is they that are rude.

• MsD
    MsD

I am a nice person in general... maybe too nice. I guess I need to be more straight forward the next time we speak.

Thx for your suggestions Neverknew. I will definitely look into asking her that question. I don't want to bombard her with a million things but at the same time I do want to get my point across. I know she won't change her mind about anything but I just want her to know that I'm not a fool and I don't easily get sucked into religion.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Jehovah's witnesses are rude each time

they refuse to speak to ex- Witnesses

Simply for havin' a different point of view

That's exactly what will happen to you, if you become a baptised Witness

that start to question this religion

I don't think I go out of my way to mistreat others either

but these folk are full of shit

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I'm reading the OP. I can identify with the writer...

...I do want to reveal to her many of the things that I have learned, researched on my own.

I might be wrong, but I hear the writer saying - "I'm trying to gain confidence before I make an attempt to open an eyelid," and it appears that the general

I don't know if the poster is a non-JW, but I remember feeling as though I needed practice before talking to my real JW friends of 30 and 15 years respectively. It's a confidence thing. Now? I'm realizing they don't know CRAP!

Also, I kinda felt like... "HEY you guys come to ME with this - I don't come to YOU! I have a right to ask you as many questions as I want... If you have the truth, prove it! Otherwise, maybe you should reconsider knocking on doors until you're sure you have it!"

There's a sense of pride after doing research - especially for non-JWs who are sincerely trying to comprehend all of this. I remember wanting to share and wanting someone to listen. My non-JW friends could care less about JW beliefs so talking to them was pretty much a waste of time. JWs were MUCH more engaging and seem to appreciate my research more. *ahem* :)

I actually wish more non-JWs cared enough and had enough knowledge to challenge the door-knockers. I suspect the JWs would get sick of having to talk about Raymundus Martini and failed prophecies.

Homeowner at door's opening:

Is there a new date! ...aww... okay... come back when you have the NEXT date, okay?

Are you guys still using that Roman Catholic Monk's name? YOU ARE?!? ...uh, what was it again?... wasn't God....

Okay, tell me the truth... which one of you is the pedophile? C'mon... you can tell me...

IMO? If you have nothing to lose but a nagging caller? ... Go ahead MsD! It's been my experience that your JW won't come back afterwards so go on and try out your new knowledge! If she DOES come back? Try to chase her off again! Practice makes perfect! Purely my opinion..

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Call the cops on her. She'll probably get the idea then.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

NO! DO NOT MEET WITH HER, ESPECIALLY IF SHE IS PUSHY! Listen to what undercover and others have said. You owe her NOTHING!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tell her politely, she can come to visit you or ring you any time providing she agrees NOT TO COUNT THE TIME (R) and NOT count you as a 'return visit' (R). (Not using 'theocratic warfare strategy'(TM) to lie about this).

Then see what happens. See how quickly she drops you.

PS. If you MUST show her where the WBT$ is wrong, be prepared for the circular reasoning to come out in buckets full. Only use the WBT$'s own quotes that contradict itself.......but I wouldn't hold my breath. She'll likely put up the old forcefield and tell herself that 'Satan' (TM) has gotten hold of you.

• scary21
    scary21

About the name Jehovah, they say Jesus made it known....well read John 17 11-12...... it says Jehovah gave his own name to Jesus.....BOTH of those scriptures mean his authority........If Jesus would have pronouced the name, the Jews would have been on him so fast. It does not make sense.

I never call my dad Harry......... My name is Sherry....if 50 yrs from now ( I'm in heaven looking down ) my great great grand children started referring to me as Abigail........well you get the picture I would perfered they stick with GG grandma lol......JW can't think !!!!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Your problem is that you don't want to "seem like an ass."

Subtle hints don't work with dubs. You have to hit them with a metaphorical two-by-four to get it into their heads that you don't want them coming around anymore.

You're not a dub, so there's nothing they can threaten you with. Just tell them to hit the road and not come back. If they do anyway, threaten them with legal action. They're afraid of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit