GENESIS- Adam, Eve, Noah, etc. and Original Sin

by Band on the Run 133 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Strange statements. Cofty, you are male. Perhaps you deserve a truly contrite apology for someone daring to instruct you, a precious male.

Do you notice it is never Mary, Isaac, or Ishmael?

This place is so wacky sometimes.

• cofty
    cofty
    Perhaps you deserve a truly contrite apology for someone daring to instruct you, a precious male.

BOTR I don't follow your line of reasoning. Who is the sarcasm aimed at and why?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

nobody's equal in modern times, and yeah, that's how our society works. there is no such thing as equal opportunity, not for women not for men. equality is just some virtual empty feel good word, nothing more. and there's no way it could change, our society depends on this.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Goodness, the paranoia in this place sometimes. Sometimes one isn't even THINKING of a particular person at ALL, but simply responding to QUESTION. Here, the question was "Why not?". It was posed due to the statement that:

Equality really isn't a big concern in the OT Laws

I SIMPLY commented... briefly, concisely, and truthfully, that:

Equality is not even a right... or necessarily good... thing in our human societies.

It is CERTAINLY not a right in many of our human societies... nor is a necessarily GOOD. Because SOME are withheld for the BETTER good. Now, what those ARE... don't necessarily have to do with male/female... nor did I ever say they DID. Some, however, seem to overlook the facts that there ARE areas of inequality and discrimination in our societies that PROTECT. For instance, underage drinking, overage driving, felons not being able to possess firearms, things allowed in one region not being allowed in another...

Goodness, some really need to consider what the paranoia is all about. No one here is out to "get" you. Perhaps, though, it your crusade against others that make you think someone MIGHT be. I mean, perhaps you think, "Well, if I'm on a mission to snuff someone else out, then I know such missions can happen... and so maybe someone's on one against me."

You're wrong. At least as to me. I would have to care... and I truly... truly... TRULY... do not.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

THANK YOU, dear J. Hofer!! TRULY! Now, let's see if you're accused of "baiting" anyone.

A slave of Christ,

SA, thinking... sheesh, the paranoia up in here!

• cofty
    cofty

Shelby - What are you waffling about?

You are without a doubt the most tedious person on this board. You never have a conversation you just attack and patronise and pontificate about esoteric definitions and the voices in your head.

Just stay away from me you crazy, vitriolic woman

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Hofer, I am a lawyer. Equality is enshrined in our Founding Documents. It is a goal we take seriously. No one is created equally. Thomas Jefferson was aware of that. We have come very far from the magic male dominion of the Bible.

There are hundreds of thousands of cases from the United States alone that herald our commitment to equality. Most industrialized democracies value equality.

Such outrageous statements are made on this forum.

Women are no longer the property of men. We can vote and convey property. In Roman times, a husband had the absolute right to murder his wife and children. Such action will result in the death penalty today.

American ethnics would want to return to serfdorm in Europe. You belong to the land, not a human. African-Americans would want to be in chains, tortured at will. Both forms of property did not die when the actual person died. The continued indefinitely for generations.

This is pure nonsence.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

do you honestly believe that people are equal? in what sense?

• Inkie
    Inkie

Band on the Run: "Equality is enshrined in our Founding Documents"? Are you serious? What kind of a lawyer are you?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

An admitted one! An admitted one with malpractice insurance!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit