GENESIS- Adam, Eve, Noah, etc. and Original Sin

by Band on the Run 133 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    It ought to been a shining example of equality even by the most enlightened modern standards.

IF one believes the bible to be the unaltered and inerrant word of God, yes you'd be correct.

ALthough even some inerrantists are accomondationalists I think.

• cofty
    cofty

IF one believes the bible to be the unaltered and inerrant word of God

I'm puzzled. Is your point that Israel was a shining example of equality even by modern standards but you just can't prove it because the bible can't be trusted?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Equality is not even a right... or necessarily good... thing in our human societies.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• cofty
    cofty

Equality is not even a right... or necessarily good... thing in our human societies.

Wow you never fail to amaze me - not in a good way.

• AGuest
    AGuest

It's the truth, C. Truly. I would NOT lie to you.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• glenster
    glenster

I'd recommend a liberal stance--"complimentarianism":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complementarianism

• cofty
    cofty

Shelby - Why do you assert that male-female equality is not necessarily a good thing?

• AGuest
    AGuest

I never stated that, C. Please... read what I stated. We have all kinds of discriminatory laws, customs, and norms that are for the better good. And we should.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

She is baiting me -- and perhaps you. Ask a slave whether they loved slavery. There were so many black uprisings in the South. The whites were terrified b/c they were so surrounded by African slaves. If these attacks were coordinated on a multistate basis, few whites would survive. If all those Gone With the Wind accounts are to believed, the freed slaves would have just stayed on to slave for the sheer enjoyment of slavery. The leading scholar explained how coordinated slave revolts were. House slaves were the instigators. They had access to white info., knew their vulnerability, saw other planatations. Historians cannot figure out the communication system. They assume some existing African culture influenced the revolts. The big question is why they were not more frequent and more bloody.

Esther, Ruth- pls give me a break. They are tokens. Women are unclean compared to men. Viewing menstruation in the Torah is enough. Oh, too, you are more unclean when you give birth to a girl. I've read that the surrounding cultures worshipped goddesses. Perhaps the Bible emphasizes the sanctity of men to suppress the existing goddess cultures.

We could have developed differently. Women could be seen as more important than men. We are life givers.

• cofty
    cofty

Shelby - We were discussing male-female equality in the OT and you said...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit