Pedos - Hardwired?

by Satanus 38 Replies latest social current

• Satanus
    Satanus

From the various readings about the subject, it occured to me that pedophilia could very well be hardwired, as are homosexuality and heterosexuality. That's not to say that it can be legitimized, like the other 2 sexualities. It does mean though, that a different approach needs to be taken as soon as pedo proclivity shows itself. Perhaps, this possibility has been studied scientifically?

S

• Glander
    Glander

Yeah, I have thought the same thing. Seems that it is incurable and it propagates itself through the abuse of the child victims.

The solution is obvious but this society would rather legalize it than deal with grim reality. So it continues.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

It does mean though, that a different approach needs to be taken as soon as pedo proclivity shows itself.

May I suggest.......

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I wonder at times about this. It's easy to stand up and say I hate Chesters, but if it is hard wired similar to other sexual leanings, I'm thinking some sympathy can be arguably warranted. A flick I watched with Kevin Bacon did a good job examining this subject. Cant think of the name of it. The flick with Sean Penn, Kevin Bacon, and Tim Robbins touched on it too. Personally speaking, my desire for the opposite sex is really strong at times. I couldn't imagine having that same lust for another man, even less so for a child. Damn couldn't imagine that!

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

how long ago was the legal conscent age 15? in bible times age of 6-7 was ok to give in marrige. define pedo. hugh heffner is definantly a pedophile. he was 40 years old when his entourage were being concieved. and lets face it, many 16-17 year old look waaay older. so, i would say that looking at a young girl or boy (within reason) and saying, "id hit it" is perfectly natural. BTW, what is the opposite, when a person is attracted to matures? different strokes, right? now if you are looking at a 12 year old pre pubescent, id interject.

• Satanus
    Satanus

TS

A river runs through it?

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe, pedos aren't all born w it in a latent form. Maybe, something hapens that creates it, for some...

S

• tec
    tec

I think it is hardwired... though perhaps in some it is 'forced' into them, due to trauma of their own.

Don't seem to be able to cure it; just dampen the desire through chemicals.

I saw that movie with Kevin Bacon too. He did a great job.

It is probably something we should talk about as a society, rather than keeping it all in the dark, or condemning those who have the urge but cannot do anything about that (and who fight it). Gotta have some sympathy for those who can't help what they feel... their sexual orientation, I guess... but who know it is wrong and hurtful and so fight it.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

There was an ER episode that did a good job on that too. Someone who turned himself in because of his urges and hating himself for them, but didn't want it to be known either, because of how he would be branded and treated. I know that is fiction, but sometimes fact is stranger.

peace,

tammy

• Lore
    Lore

Nah it's a choice.

Who wouldn't want to be shunned by society, sent to prison for years, threatened with castration or murder by every random yokel that finds out and then labeled as a sex offender for the rest of their lives?

They choose to be attracted to children just the same as men choose to be attracted to women.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit