Another look at how the WBTS uses half truths to push garbage.

by Defianttruth 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102013047

Wow talk about a way to push your garbage. I can see it now the WBTS is going to start taking their web pages down when people with open minds start picking apart what they write and openly publish for all to have this is only going to get better. Bring on more of your mouth rot and we will pick it piece by piece. I may not be a professor, but I too am an engineer with a PhD. He makes a big deal about robots not being able to catch a ball except under controlled circumstances. Google it. It has already been done. You know the "thought is so amazing god must be real kinda guy". I am one too, but not over something so stupid as this. Machines have been built to catch balls. I will go one step further robots have been built to shot super sonic vector changing missiles out of the sky while moving on a ship dealing with heave, surge, sway, roll, pitch, and yaw in dark, light, rain, fog, and clear blue weather conditions using a relatively small projectile and ranges up to 5 miles. It's called a phalanx gun. It has been in military service for 32 year not even new technology here. What a joke. If catching a ball was as important as protecting a ship from a missile, the ball catching machine would have been built a long time ago. It bothers me this guy of such a small mind is allowed to work with three science magazines. No wait, those of us in our fields who can do, change the world. Those who can't write and teach. The WBTS is using this guy to push their agenda. If he was to write that in a scientific magazine he would be laughed out of his community. Hey when your dealing with a group of uneducated baboons, I guess you can write what you want and any one will believe it.

Defiant.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It wouldn't surprise me if they took a model to pose as the engineer, saying he was unavailable for photos, then printed this as a propaganda that was totally made up. They might even say (to each other) that this is a composite of people who have written letters.

The guy says "he" can't build that ball-catching robot, but it can be done. The average JW would never think past the point of realizing that such a robot is not needed and not profitable so doesn't need to be built.

• clarity
    clarity

No kidding ... with the kind of misquotes & tricks this

organization has pulled, I wouldn't trust anything they produce!

>

Seems like they touch on the sciences because they know

darn well that most education deprived dubs don't have a clue!

Btw if I haven't welcomed you Defianttruth ....Big welcome

clarity

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No wonder the witlesses are dissuaded from freely browsing on computers. Even now, they are terrorizing the witlesses about Demons if they visit any site other than the official washtowel site, their e-mail provider, and big-box store sites. They are programmed to waste the evening on test nights by having boasting sessions that let out late. They are dissuaded from college, to the point where "privileges(??)" can be retracted for having a child in college unless you do everything possible to get the child pulled out.

To this, they treat science as they treat the LIE-ble. Give just enough to back up their crap, and then push their lies on people. Yes, I believe a ball-catching machine is too mundane for any real effort to be placed in creating one--and there is plenty of technology dated back into the 1960s and 1970s using robots in war. Today, they have drones in wars, law enforcement, and tracking people (to where people are worried about being under total lockdown under slavery, without being able to rise against it). To me, that is far more sophisticated than catching a ball.

And life forms wherever the conditions are right. Science has already developed the simplest life forms from raw chemicals. And, given the right conditions, life will form on its own without help. From there, it will evolve according to the rules of chemistry and physics. Once it reaches a certain point, it is possible for Satan and His Demons to give it further assistance to develop more complex intelligence, and that includes us. Yet, the washtowel harps on how tiny the odds are against it--well, dingbats, the odds are not zero. And, given the strict and rigid laws of chemistry, biology, and physics, the odds are far higher than they bill them.

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

Assuming what the guy says is true, who know what will be the next great invention next week, next year, in 50years?

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

I hope he's aware of the witness stance on higher education.

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

I hope he's aware of the witness stance on higher education.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

That article has little to do with the robot and ball catching, thats just a typical JWism illustration...

the real message is that a so called scientist, an acedemic guy, was so impressed by the research that went into the creation book that he sold his life to the WT

THAT is the message for all the less educated JWs...you don't have to look up and check all the quotes, this guy didnt and he's SMARTER than you.

just beleive

oz

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Aussie Oz - THAT is the message for all the less educated JWs...you don't have to look up and check all the quotes, this guy didnt and he's SMARTER than you.

Exactly. That was also the message at my father's funeral. They spent ten minutes saying how my father was smart, went to university, was a great auditor, and so if he believed then anyone less smart should also. Though true, the real point is that my father was not educated in the Bible beyond the second rate propoganda that appears in the Watchtower.

Defianttruth He makes a big deal about robots not being able to catch a ball except under controlled circumstances.

They constantly use that type of reasoning, but it is so short sighted. They bank on most JWs not looking at the garbage that was printed 50 years ago that is irrelevant now. The old Evolution book used to say how the eye disproves evolution, because it was so much better than any camera. Now there are lens that are significantly better than eyes in many areas. Nor did they mention the problems with the eye, such as the large blind spots, and its inability to see colour within most of its visual area.

• bats in the belfry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit