Another look at how the WBTS uses half truths to push garbage.

by Defianttruth 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Why did you become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

In part, it was because Barbara and I liked their thorough study methods. I was especially impressed with the research that goes into their publications. Solid research appeals to people like me, who want to probe into the details of things.

This is pure unmitigated bullsh!t. Their study methods are anything but thorough. It consists of assertions that are often groundless, followed by questions in which the student is expected to parrot back the unfounded assertions almost verbatim. There is nothing like study as any scholar would recognize it. The research that goes into their publications is slipshod at best, and in the worst instances it is full of intellectual dishonesty, logical fallacies and faulty reasoning. The Trinity brochure is an example that immediately comes to mind that demonstrates their abominable research efforts.

Then there is the obvious hypocrisy of telling witnesses to not attend college because it corrupts one away from Godly thinking, then turn around and uphold someone at university as being an authority of why the Watchtower is so correct.

This article has bullsh!t stamped all over it.

• biometrics
    biometrics

I remember reading an Awake years ago (in the 1990s) about how computers have reached certian engineering limits. I guess that didn't turn out to be true, otherwise I'd be posting from a 486 with 128MB.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I was actually told by an elder after I expressed some doubts, that there is some very smart people in the org, and if they believe it, that should be enough for my faith.

This is what the article is about.

Feeling exhausted after slaving for 11hrs doing manual labour because you never got an education? Having doubts about God's Organization? Well this guy went to college and he says it's true so who are you to question anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit