Did You Give Much $$$ To The Kingdom Hall And/Or Watchtower Society?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• biometrics
    biometrics

Once - $50.

Yet my mum got done for $100K in the 1980s which was an insurance settlement when dad died. At that time 100K would easily buy a very nice house.

Rather than use that money for what it was intended (i.e. looking after kids and a more comfortable life) it went to the organisation. An elder knew she was getting the money and talked her into the donation. As a kid I remember going to the elder's house nearly every w/e invited for dinner ... etc.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was not much of a contributor. Every once in a while I would resolve to donate 20 bucks a month. That usually lasted a month or so but never much longer.

So, my withdraw from the watchtower did not create any financial issues for the society.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Maybe $20.00 total, left as soon as I graduated high school and that cash came out of my babysitting money. I am still a little tight with the budget.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I donated too much in the early days. Between littera-trash and Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund donations, plus giving at a$$emblies, I believe I wasted enough money to have bought between 150 and 200 ounces of silver had I bought it at then-prevailing prices instead of donating. And I would have been better off doing that.

As time went on and joke-hova insisted that it needed to see if I would donate more under duress, I simply pulled the plug and stopped donating anything. Is it common sense to reward that thing for making things miserable and keeping the opposite sex out of my life with more donations? Or even maintaining the level of donations that thing had been getting prior? These days, I simply put the money into things such as silver, emergency preparations, holiday decorations, and the like instead of wasting it on joke-hova.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

Ten percent of our income has been given to the "Local", once the money got above certain targets, it's sent to the World Wide Work. We are on the Regional Building Committee, if time is worth money, we gave blocks of our life to further the Watchtower's message of love and peace. We gave money to the brothers in Malawi in the 1970s, at least that is where it was suppose to go.

I was happy the Watchtower was willing to use Fed Ex to deliver a "conditional loan arrangement" and "donating of land". They are very quick to help you hand over your valuable things, you don't have to wait for regular mail.

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

I remember donating most of my allowance as a kid. I was always told I was doing something good but I never felt good inside.

The last time I actually donated something was at the last CA. It was $1 folded up. Only did it cause there was a cute girl at the contribution box and I wanted to talk to her... Suffice it to say it was money well spent!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I gave too much and more.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I gave loads over the years thinking I was making Jehovah(TM) happified.

I want my money back!

• cantleave
    cantleave

We had a standing order for the local congregation needs and gave separately to the World Wide Pedo defence fund. I also used to give to the assemblies and conventions.

How stupid do I feel?

• BroMac
    BroMac

I just worked out as a born in that I have donated less than £100 for my whole life. Not a penny more

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit