Did You Give Much $$$ To The Kingdom Hall And/Or Watchtower Society?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I typically gave $$$ to the local KH and seldom gave donations to the Society.

I always am amazed how some church going people have very little materially, yet make sure the church and the pastors are well taken care of.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Always donated anywhere from $5 to $20 at every meeting prior to getting disgruntled and waking up. Haven't donated anything in the past year and a half or so, maybe longer. In hindsight the worst part about it all wasn't the amount of cash I donated, but the time I wasted. It really was all for nothing.

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah God appreciated it!

• hoser
    hoser

I always am amazed how some church going people have very little materially, yet make sure the church and the pastors are well taken care of.

that is why they have not much. They give it all away

• finally awake
    finally awake

Way more than I should have :(

• pixel
    pixel

In the past, according to the book of Acts, money was collected to help other brothers. Try that with the WT. They just collect money for their printers!

And to answer your question: I try hard not to.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

I donated very little or very seldom to the KH or WTBTS.

But now that I attend church...I'm a regular tither and have tithed more in one year than I did in 30 years of JW. I think the principal of giving is key to success....I learned this prior to joining my church or accepting my Christian belief.

Giving is more for the giver that the receiver....not matter what your beliefs.

• MsD
    MsD

Very little actually but I'm pretty sure those who supplied me with new watchtowers, awakes and other literature including 2 new world translation bibles paid something for it.

• designs
    designs

Having family 'in' since 1900 we sent waaay to much money. I wrote checks to the Wt., then I started sending money with specific requests for disaster aid or food aid. The bastards wrote back my money would 'only go in the general fund' that was the end of that.

• blondie
    blondie

We donate to cover the utilities, some any way. And enough to make our tax deductions put us in a refund category.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit