Do some GB know the truth about the truth?

by Bob_NC 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Of course the most direct answer to this question is, only they know for sure. But, consider this: If you were an enlightened GB member but so drunk on power that you go along with the conspiracy to manipulate the R&F with bogus teachings, couldn't you come up with something more convincing than the dribble that has come out of Bethel the past few years? Overlapping generations is a joke, and the motivation for the new light about the FDS/GB is completely transparent. To me, these are teachings of deluded minds, not coldly calculating ones.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - "I think Ray Franz strongly hinted that Swingle knew it was a load of crap..."

Dan Sydlik is credited with once suggesting that "they had it all wrong" and that they had to start over from Genesis 1:1 and overhaul the entire religion. He had to have been drunk if/when he said it.

recovery - "I am afraid that they believe in it hook line and sinker."

Yeah, I'm on that page, too; the majority of their actions seem more like the kind that are taken by True Believers who are certain that God's got their back, rather than jaded cynics.

And why wouldn't they be? When you live in an Ivory Tower and never leave, it's easy to surround yourself exclusively with individuals who affirm everything you say no matter what; we see that in Hollywood all the time.

cedars - "They see themselves as part of the solution rather than part of the problem."

Putting aside all the other evidence, that fact alone convinces me that the WTS is in irreversable decline.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Phizzy... Who are you referring to when you talk about ones behind the GB pulling the strings?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Phizzy... Who are you referring to when you talk about ones behind the GB pulling the strings?

I'm betting that Phizzy is referring to the lawyers and accountants in Watchtower Inc.

• cantleave
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Of course... I thought you might be thinking of some kind of illuminati conspiracy theory!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Of course... I thought you might be thinking of some kind of illuminati conspiracy theory!

There are some on here that subscribe to such stupidity! Would would doubt very much Phizzy falls into that category......

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Grrrrr. I only have two frustrations with this site. 1 - not being able to easily embed a URL using an iPad and 2 - not being able to easily cut and paste text using an iPad... Can't get to your second link right now....

• moshe
    moshe

I pretty much agree with Juan. They isolate themselves from any Q&A situation that would expose their stupidity- and complicity.

• cantleave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit