Do some GB know the truth about the truth?

by Bob_NC 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

What do you think, really. Do some of the GB consciously know the truth about the truth and they just can't say it? Or are they all still under the spell?

How about COs or DOs? The traveling guys really are in a precarious spot should they ever doubt. I know that many elders doubt, I was one and I eventually left. So I am sure their are many still serving, going along to get along.

• Londo111
    Londo111

As the saying goes, they are "captives of a Concept". They might have doubts, as all JWs do, but they think to themselves, “Where would I go?”

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think ego doesn't allow any room for dissenting thoughts or opinions. What little life doubt mey bring, is quicjly squelched by their position in this made up religion.

To me it's almost like the Apostles exclaiming, "Look, the temple". As if a physical structure in it's "glory" is indication of God's favor. Surprise surprise GB, that much more grandiose structure which actually had God's blessing at one time, was destroyed.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

@ Roman Catholic Church there is a saying that "starting at the level of Cardinals the Clergy does not believe in God".

I'm for sure that the WTBTS presidents like Knorr and Henschel did know it was all man made and failed prophecy.

Current heavy's like Phillip Bromley, James Pellechia and J.R. Brown know this also. They are part of the concept.

Only F.W. Franz and the current GB members could believe the WTBTS is Gods only true channel.

Gorby

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think Ray Franz strongly hinted that Swingle knew it was a load of crap, but who can say about the new crowd?

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I believe that GB along with most of the ones in high positions know along with the lawyers because they research everything in order to make sure they aren't sued.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I believe they all must know. It is like any organization, to rise to the top of the heap you have to play politics and do a fair amount of back stabbing, It does not favor the kind hearted. And having read many experiences about Bethel, there is no way you could rise in the organization without turning a blind eye to some very disturbing practices. They may have started out believing it, but it is hard for me to imagine they end up believing.

• cedars
    cedars

I personally believe strongly that the Governing Body do not know that they are cult leaders, and are just as deluded as normal rank-and-file Witnesses. The only difference is that they have immense power and influence, giving them the illusion that they truly are serving God in a special role. This assumption excuses all the negative things they hear about the organization's sordid past and current midemeanors. They view themselves as part of the cleansing process.

I am currently reading Steven Hassan's new book, and he seems to run off the idea that cult leaders KNOW what they are doing. However, in the case of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, I am inclined to disagree. In their minds they are being blessed by Jehovah with a great privilege. They see themselves as part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

Cedars

• Londo111
    Londo111

Why did David Koresh not surrender? Why did leader of Heaven’s Gate kill himself with his followers? They got caught up in their own Concept. I'm not sure the GB would be any different.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

I’m torn between these two:

- Knowing how Watchtower’s gig works is essential to getting in the GB club. That means each knows the truth.

- Each is so drunk on the power they’ve amassed climbing to the top and now at the pinnacle that they are unable to realize the truth due to sheer drunken stupor.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit