Do some GB know the truth about the truth?

by Bob_NC 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

Very tough question. You really gotta understand how crazy and irrational humans can be. Guys like Greenlees could think it was the 'truth' even after molesting boys. Jackson could treat prophetic chronology like it was a joke. Suiter could toss 1914 into the air as if it meant nothing.

Henschel could dismissively talk about Witnesses that died because of some doctrinal change, as if their lives had no value. Freddie Franz could conceive of the blood issue as a useful tactic to stiffen the spine of Witnesses. Knorr was just pathologically negative and harsh.

The Bible says again and again in Proverbs, rephrased , "every way of a man is right in his own eyes" and that sums it up.

Perhaps it doesn't matter, functionally. If they can commit any crime or offense against ethics and still believe 'it's the truth', does it make any difference to the continuing decay of the organization?

metatron

• metatron
    metatron

And one more thing: wouldn't it be better if they were completely sincere and deceived?

Lemme throw this out there - they cut and cut and cut and then.............................

maybe they dump printed material altogether, put their crap on the web and tell themselves, "it's Jehovah's Will. Armageddon will happen now because the preaching work has been completed".

The End.

Is that sort of thing possible? I hope so.

metatron

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The faceless men who pull the GB's strings and are in real control, they know TTATT for sure. The WT is simply a cash cow to them.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

What Ding said. In Crisis of Conscience, Ray Franz made it clear that back in his time some of his fellow GB members expressed doubts about something even as fundamental as the 1914 chronology, so you can bet your bottom dollar that some of them today, with so much more time passing, also have doubts about this belief and some of their other dodgy teachings.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I tend to agree with Phizzy

There must be somebody higher than the GB playing puppet master, perhaps not even Jws. The GB themselves probably believe their own rhetoric. You repeat the mantra long enough and it becomes 'truth'.

And even if they do believe its wrong they will also tell themselves in the same breath that there is no where else to go. For the GB that is so very true. Other than the actual perks like maybe a better apartment and travel with expenses, they have nothing to survive on outside bethel and they know it.

Oz

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I have to disagree with my friend Cedars and feel that Phizzy and Aussie OZ are closer to the truth about the Truth.

I think several of the members of the original Governing Body (Ray Franz era) who were longtime associates with Rutherford, Knorr and Fred Franz probably believed their own bullshit. It's clear to me that Ray Franz had some issues in regards to some of the Society's policies and teachings, but felt overall that they were closer to the truth than any other religion. My guess is that most of the Governing Body of that time were in that same category.

On the other hand, I don't think a single one of the current Governing Body really believes anything about the religion. They all know that they don't qualify as being annointed, but they have to say they are and partake in order to be nominated and chosen to join the hallowed GB. I think they also know that what they teach has no real validity. These men are not stupid - they know that the earth wasn't created in 42000 years. They know evolution is true science. They know that 1914, 1918, and 1919 have no significance - absolutely nothing at all - in terms of the establishment of God's Kingdom. I don't really believe any of them actually believe that millions of dead bodies will be resurrected after 6000 years of human history and be recreated with the physical identities, personalities, and memories they had when they were alive. There are just too many scientific reasons to dismiss any such notions.

"Jehovah can do anything if he wants to" just won't cut it for much longer - and the Governing Body has to know that is a fact.

In fact, I doubt if they even believe in Armageddon, the 144,000, or the possibility of everlasting life on earth. There are too many reasons not to believe in any of that. I think they are very afraid of what will happen to the organization after 2014 (100 years after 1914) and nothing has happened. They have to know that the cards are quickly stacking against them in terms of their blood policy, their handling of child molesters and other criminal elements within the society, and the fact that someone will eventually expose their money-laundering schemes. When all of that happens, Don Adams and the Governing Body will have some serious explaining to do - not only to their own members, but also to civil authorities worldwide.

I'm sure that most of their meetings whenever they discuss "new light," they are all doing the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" with each other and then assigning some poor schmuck in the Writing Department to write something up that explains it to the rank and file. But they also know that even if it makes no sense and contradicts everything they've taught before, the JW sheep will simply doze through the WT study and accept whatever they are told at the assemblies - because they have no other choice in the matter.

I am convinced that the whole organization is just one highly organized and tightly controlled scam and everyone of the Governing Body members either know that or guess that it might be true.

JV

• recovering
    recovering

I wish that was true Juan. I am much more afraid of the alternative . I am afraid that they believe in it hook line and sinker. I am afraid that they will get to be more and more isolationist ie Davis Koresh, Jim jones et al. I think that by moving their headquarters to upstate Ny, they are in a better position to demand the ultimate sacrafice from their followers. I hope that I am wrong for my families sake.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Are the GB REALLY that deluded? Well, I have no real evidence either way....just a feeling.

If they or those that pull the strings do not know TTATT then why are known propaganda methods, NLP, logical fallacies and hateful rhetoric used by them?

Personally, I don't believe they're THAT deluded.

F*** 'em. Just send the GB and the lawyers to the electric chair immediately for crimes against humanity.

Let's end this!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

punkofnice : If they or those that pull the strings do not know TTATT then why are known propaganda methods, NLP, logical fallacies and hateful rhetoric used by them?

This is a really powerful point. The fact is, every single WT study article is chock full of just the kind of things that punk is talking about. The use of these sophisticated manipulative techniques is deliberate and there is abundant evidence it is carefully planned. For example, the WT articles have been changing the way the term "Governing Body" is used for quite some time. This change began well before the recent change regarding the identity of the FDS.

This is clearly no accident.

Also, they've been carefully revising their history to fit these changed "beliefs." For example, see this thread on the subject:

The evidence is overwhelming and irrefutable that whoever is writing and/or approving these articles knows TTATT. However, the question of whether or not the GB members are really the ones in control is still a good one. I can't answer that. Maybe no one can.

I suspect that it's a complex web of interrelated powers and influences. The WT Legal and Accounting Departments must have huge influence on the reality of keeping the business running. Those forces are often in direct conflict to what a religion should be all about. Yet the obvious truth is that many JW "theological" doctrines, beliefs, policies and practices have been changed to protect the interests of the business rather than the other way around.

Probably they're all under the influence of the concept that Jehovah really is God and that they really are His "Visible Organization." It's amazing how humans will often continue to cling to illogical beliefs despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary:

You may find it informative to read this thread discussing the concepts of Confirmation Bias and Cognitive Dissonance theory.

Some of the comments are quite thought-provoking!

00DAD

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I actually think that the GB are very like the top Nazi's in Hitlers regime toward the end of WW2. At one time they believed it all, but when they got to the top they realised it was not what they had thought, but, with nowhere to go, they hang on to the end.

The actual string-pullers behind the GB may well be different, in that they may never have believed it fully, if at all, but that makes no difference.

I see the GB exercising even stricter control , forbidding any contact with those who are simply inactive (faded) for instance, who surely are the most likely to cause more to wake up and leave.

So, to answer the thread title yet again, it must be the case that they know at least some of the Truth about the "Truth". Which makes them both hypocrites and liars, even if they do cling on to some vestige of belief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit