God in your brain....

by EntirelyPossible 130 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

otwo: nope not at all sorta the opposite,and i will make athread about the book when i all done, not before,thanks buddy!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

EP

I was watching "through the wormhole" lastnight. They were talking about some of this. I'd would have loved to have been a subject in this study because I'm not so sure I think of God the same way most "religious" people do.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I love it when Morgan Freeman tells me what to think.

How do you think about God?

• LV101
    LV101

Unstop question: Did you watch the video (linked within last week) re/the Bible scholar (gal) with info about the Ugarit texts and the real God, EL? Curious about your opinion with all this evidence of the old testament not agreeing with history/facts. Do watch the video --- very interesting. I kmow there's been other links about the Ugarit texts but this is very profound.

Assuming you agree with her I'm interested in your opinion along w/anyone's comments about the NT re/Jesus. Some athiests believe Jesus was real on the earth, right? Since the OT is invented according to Biblical scholars/educators does that make the NT same unless the Jews slanted the OT to themselves and the NT is sound about Christ (or parts thereof sound)?

For yrs. my husband would ask me how do I know the Jews didn't make it all up and I couldn't imagine!

LV

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

THat is a fascinating study and makes perfect sense.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

can you put the video here i dont think i seen it,maybe i did i have watched alot of videos ,here and on youtube, i cant recall, thanks

• LV101
    LV101

PSac --- I need to find that video and appreciate corroboration.

Unstop --- Yes, I'll try to locate the post where the video/link is. That video was on one of those posts that went on and on but was really good --- also Cofty and Can'tleave (and others) were listing book recommendations for us. It may have been the topic you started about a week ago (like that helps/sorry). Doesn't tell you a lot but I will try to find as soon as I can later. Have to leave right now but will take one quick peek. You MUST watch this video. Maybe it was posted by Cantleave.

LV

• LV101
    LV101

Found it --- the post is entitled, "Yahweh was a Cannanite God Ashtoreth his wife . . . before the Jews!! Unreal". The video is called "The Bible's Buried Secrets [BBC] Episode 2-'D . . . " After the 'D the rest of the title is cut off on the video link's name but no big deal --- it's the post by "frankiespeakin' around January 5 is when I viewed the video. Darn, didn't catch who started the topic but will go check -- be right back and I'm late for my old lady's meeting.

Hope this helps. Do watch --- amazing and I need to view again because I was so tired and trying to understand the gal. She speaks very well just a couple of places you might need to listen again or play a 2nd time.

LV

• LV101
    LV101

unstop -- here goes: The post was initiated by Witness 007 (before his name -- Witness is a circle w/an arrow -- the Mars symbol female/male) but it's Post 5602 of 5609 on 1/3/13.

If someone finds please re-post.

LV

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ok ill look for it, but i cant post links

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit