Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-06-2013 WT Review (HUMILITY)

by blondie 38 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

Blue Brother, and the officious type hated that rotation, exposing the hidden talents amond the servants, and having to realize that things went just fine without their "I am the Boss" pontifications. listen obey and be blessed.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BluesBrother:

I saw that clergy/laity distinction back in the day and I felt to myself that they were beginning to look more like the churches every day. The only reason I joined the religion was because they claimed not to have a clergy class. Then I saw over time they were elevating the elders ever higher which is a dangerous thing considering some of the mentalities there.

I get angry when I read this because the few friends I have that are trapped in the religion cannot see the forest for the trees.

I don't know how some of you faders do it without earplugs. I couldn't sit there and listen to this garbage.

• BroMac
    BroMac

Thanks Blondie.

Some shocking comments at Saturday's Speshul Day wt review. Dont bother getting close to your nice neighbour or the sweet lady in the post office or the lovely friendly mums on the school run. why? they'll be gone, exterminated at the Great Tribulation. Almost word for word quote. I felt Sick. Speshul alright.

oh and this Jesus = Michael, i gotta look at some threads on that

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This article wasn’t designed to honor Jesus Christ.

Though the article had Jesus’ name in it (‘Jesus Set The Pattern Of Humility’); the article really isn’t about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! The intent of the article is meant to drive home the point to the JW rank and file to: (1) Listen, (2) Obey and be (3) Humble. In other words: JW publishers should be seen and not heard!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It is in the Governing Body's best interest to keep the flock under as much humility as possible, it keeps them thinking little of themselves and more of the eddicts passed by them. This humility may produce more revenue as many humblely give over thier property to a worthy cause named such by the Governing Body.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I totally agree with these comments of Blondie: ‘Finally a study article that seems to highlight Jesus.’ and ‘The WTS rarely talks about being like Jesus’

There is a significant difference between where, for example, the Apostle Peter places Jesus Christ on the level of importance in his writings and where the WT places Jesus Christ in their writings.

The Apostle Peter opens his first letter in verse one with the words (1Pt 1:1): ‘Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ……’

Then in the very last verse of the last chapter (2Pt 3:18) Peter ends his writings with the words: ‘…go on growing in the underserved kindness and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity.’

Watchtower has a lot to learn about just how important this person, Jesus Christ really is!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JWGONEBAD:

It makes me hate them all the more for presuming to speak for Jesus!

Then they have the NERVE to talk down to the rank and file JWs as though they were children or mentally deficient!

Words cannot convey my contempt.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The fact that people do not allow criticism of the elders, FDS or anything, shows that they do not allow them to be humble. They take that option away from them.

I don't see why you have to make an issue out of Jesus being Michael. That is such a non-issue.

So what if he is, so what if he isn't.

• heathen
    heathen

JWgonebad -- they realize how important he is whenever the rest of the cong show up to the memorial and after repeated instruction telling them they aren't worthy of the sacrifice , remind them they should obey the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit