Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-06-2013 WT Review (HUMILITY)

by blondie 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

I find it ironic that this study is on Humility... a trait my folks sorely lacked when they became baptized JWs.

As a matter of fact, I would describe them as being holier-than-thou, self-righteous, mean-spirited people particularly when we disagreed with their beliefs and could point out the intellectual dishonesty and outright inaccuracies in what they were saying. Instead of humility, they responded with anger and verbal barbs/abuse. I guess once you are one of God's Chosen it is only those who are not that have a requirement to show humility.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Again Blondie congratulations on you promptness. I am contemplating using your version of the WT on my ipad during this PM's study.

• lrkr
    lrkr

You can feel the second punch of the 1-2 coming. Jesus was humble....... therefore.....wait for it......

We should be humbly obedient to the appointed slave!!! Now lets pound that into our heads for the next 2 weeks.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Humility: What you need to develop to facilitate your eventual enslavement. In this case, you are being enslaved to waste your time spreading littera-trash and funneling your money into their Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. You need humility so you will never see that you are being enslaved for nothing.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Way to go . Thanks Blondie

• Mary
    Mary

Clearly, Jesus wants his followers to be humble, that is, lowly in mind and free of pride and arrogance.

I remember when Ernie Pandachuk was the District Overseer. He was one of the most arrogant, self-righteous jackasses I've ever had the misfortune of coming across. One of the brothers there disagreed with him on some minor point that was being made, and Pandachuk was livid. He boomed out "Don't you know who I am?!" in front over everyone there. Guess who got removed as an elder not too long after this?

Jesus' death opened up the prospect of immortal life in heaven for spirit-anointed Christians and everlasting life on earth for the "other sheep."-John 10:16; Rom. 8:16, 17.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate that John 10:16 is talking about ‘everlasting life on earth' for a different group of Christians unfortunate enough not to be baptized until after 1935. Every bible commentator that I've ever read about states that this is a reference to non-Jews (Gentiles) being gathered together with Jews. Only in Dub-Dumb Land is it viewed as a two-tiered destiny.

This article is obviously meant for the rank and file Witness only. It's a well established fact that the higher up you go on the spiritual ladder, the more arrogant and ‘puffed up with pride' they tend to be. While there are always exceptions to this, it is extremely rare to ever see an elder, a CO or a DO do anything for someone in need, if they can't count it as ‘time' on their Field Serve-Us Report. And since this article got the seal of approval from the GB members, when was the last time any of them humbled themselves? They fight victims of their own warped policies in court, they've screwed millions of Witnesses out of ever having a normal life with their ‘sky is falling' bullshit over the last hundred years, and they've never ever apologized for anything.

What a group of idiots....

• hoser
    hoser

This is the set up next week is the slam dunk!

Ernie Pandachuk was the DO Larry Erickson the CO

What a pair!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

*** w10 4/1 p. 19 Is Jesus the Archangel Michael? ***

Jude verse 9 calls Michael “the archangel.” The prefix “arch” means “principal” or “chief,” and the word “archangel” is never used in the plural form in the Bible.

*** w91 2/1 p. 17 par. 9 Honor the Son, Jehovah’s Chief Agent ***

9 Jesus Christ further deserves honor because he is Jehovah’s chief angel, or archangel. On what basis do we reach that conclusion? Well, the prefix “arch,” meaning “chief” or “principal,” implies that there is only one archangel.

Jesus = Michael is one topic I've not yet researched. However, 1Thess 4:16 says: "because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.".

"An" archangel's voice, not "the" archangel's voice. This implies there are more than one archangel.

Just sayin'

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

In a conversation with my wife yesterday, I told her that I really, really hate going in field service and the only reason I do it is so I don't die at Armageddon. She was appalled. She said I should be doing it out of love for Jehovah, and that we should not be serving Jehovah just so we won't die. She asked me why I felt that way. I told her because the publications have emphasized the 'being in Jehovah's favor so we won't die at Armageddon' for years and years. She said she never got that impression.

Today's article:

" How will we fare when the King Jesus Christ comes to execute judgment at Armageddon? The cause in which he rides dictates that he will save only those who are humble and righteous. Our developing humility, then, is essential to our survival."

• wasblind
    wasblind

Marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit