Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-06-2013 WT Review (HUMILITY)

by blondie 38 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Thanks Blondie,

The Governing Body is homeing in on humility to keep the average JW compliaint with the leadership of the GB. They only want humble unquestioning odediance, no prideful questioners of thier authority.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Thank you, Blondie. Much more enlightening than what is going on in the local Kingdom Hall.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

You could really see where that was heading.

• blondie
    blondie

SH*T ROLLS DOWNHILL

You will be at the bottom of the hill next week....................and things will still be rolling. Suit up!

• heathen
    heathen

Just to keep track of the thread . Anyway the WTBTS just continues to pass on the oportunity to show humility but insists everyone else just obey them and ignore all the changes of which they out right lied about having any true knowledge of what generation survives the end. Would have been a good time to ask for forgiveness and apologize , didn't finish the article yet , probably will at work

and where's the GAG alert ...LOL

• Mary
    Mary
    hoser said: Ernie Pandachuk was the DO Larry Erickson the CO

Ah yes....Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dumb. Larry Erickson was famous for deleting a ton of elders in the circuit if they were working shift-work and would not give it up. I heard through the rumour-mill that even Crooklyn told him to knock it off as there were entire congregations that had a huge elder shortage due to his fanaticism.

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks, Blondie!

Very good review.

What is with the picture on( p 12 I think). The one showing Jesus a king in heaven and the 2nd one as a baby,did you notice his left hand finger does not look right.It appears upside down and he is giving the finger to someone.

How do they know,what was he like in heaven.

Are we now to bow down to the gb.

As far as getting someone out by reasoning is like trying to save a snowball in hell.or as the saying goes not a chance in hell.They have to see the new light as it were to see.(the corrupt mind control org)

• blondie
    blondie

bobld,

the GB (and another anointed) will say that the rest of jws are not to bow down to them while on earth, that they will be kings only after dying and instantly going to heaven. But some do put themselves ahead of other jws. Even Paul says that was happening in the first century and they were supposed all anointed. It is so easy for the WTS to apply this to people 2,000 years ago and fail to see it in themselves.

***w08 1/15 p. 22 par. 12 Counted Worthy to Receive a Kingdom***

First-century Christians were declared righteous and anointed with holy spirit for the purpose of enabling them to receive their heavenly inheritance. Their anointing did not elevate them to kingship over fellow anointed Christians while still on earth. Evidently, some early Christians lost sight of that fact and began seeking undue prominence among their brothers in the congregation. As a result, Paul was moved to ask: “You men already have your fill, do you? You are rich already, are you? You have begun ruling as kings without us, have you? And I wish indeed that you had begun ruling as kings, that we also might rule with you as kings.” (1 Cor. 4:8)

*** w94 1/15 pp. 17-18 par. 10 Shepherds and Sheep in a Theocracy ***

(1 Corinthians 4:8) In the first century C.E., all Christians had the hope of ruling as heavenly kings and priests with Jesus. (Revelation 20:4, 6) Evidently, though, some in Corinth forgot that on earth there are no kings in the Christian theocracy. Rather than act like kings of this world, Christian shepherds cultivate humility, a quality that pleases Jehovah

• hoser
    hoser

Ah yes....Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dumb. Larry Erickson was famous for deleting a ton of elders in the circuit if they were working shift-work and would not give it up

I knew I could get you going if I mentioned that name

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I sat through this yesterday... with a listless congregation and a conductor with no more ability than he has sense...

I saw nothing in it to say, but Blondie's and others comments about the bad example set by elders is true enough. Back in the day there were indeed "servants" to the cong. When the elder arrangement first came in, the concept of service was stressed. Latterly the congregation has been repeatedly told that they must obey these men, the word subordinate even being used! Recently they were told that elders were "stars" in the right hand of Jesus and their actions must not be contested

They may not wear dog collars, but a clergy/laity distinction is definitely appearing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit