When do you think there will be a revised "Reasoning Book"

by Amelia Ashton 48 Replies latest jw friends

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I too remember studying it when my dad was the conductor at a specific house for the book study cuz my dad always wanted me to be prepared to answer the questions about the eastern religions...I am confused lol

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

With the constant flashes of new light they could just ditch the reasoning book and have a SMS system where the brothers could get text messages with the latest understanding.

The generation that saw 1914 is well dead.

Obviously it means an infinite amount of overlapping generations.

Magic makes Jehovah sad.

Please hand in field service reports to your Field Service Overseer.

Make sure to contribute money for World Wide Work

Reply STOP to unsubscribe

Come on celestial chariot we have the technology lets make it happen.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes 2+2=5

The WTS had to bite the bullet by havin' the sheep to go online

but for them it will be a way to change the bull in an instant

Without printed literature , It will make it easier to claim that we are

liars becuase there will no longer be tangible evidence

nobody will have old literatur to throw in there face

• blondie
    blondie

joyfulfader, the schedules for the congregation book studies are in the kingdom ministries back to 1970 on the WT-CD. The Search for Mankind book was published in 1990. From 1990 to 2012 there is no book study schedule for that publication. It was used in the service meeting to show how to use it door to door (perhaps that was done at the end of the book study or at a meeting for field service at the book study). It was also used as a basis of talks in the Theocractic Ministry School. I was an adult during that time and attending and remember asking if it was going to be studied at the end of other books/brochures. Never happened. If someone can show something on the WT-CD otherwise, I'd be happy to see it.

• undercover
    undercover

*** rs p. 97 par. 2 Dates ***

Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene , all the things foretold will occur, including the “great tribulation” in which the present wicked world will end.—Matt. 24:21, 22, 34.

Blondie quoted that from the Reasoning book. I'm guessing from an older CD copy.

I went to the 'new' JW.org, searched through the 'online library', found the Reasoning book, found pages 93 - 98 (subheading 'Dates') and found the same exact quote:

As shown under the heading “Last Days,” those events have been clearly in evidence since 1914. Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the “great tribulation” in which the present wicked world will end.— Matt. 24:21, 22, 34 .

You would've thought that they would have cleaned that up for the 'new' online version, huh?

(wonder how long it takes before they do it now? Hiya, Bethel boys )

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Does anyone remember the old-school version of the Reasoning book? It was called "Make Sure of All Things. Hold Fast to What is Fine." It was basically the same thing, only not as well organized. It contained quotes from carefully selected pundits as well as scriptures, but it was totally useless in field service.

The Society may just completely revamp the Reasoning book and call it something else. I suggest "Bullsh*tting the Masses."

• wasblind
    wasblind

In the Reasoning book the WTS admit to have all the qualifications of a true prophet

" If any individual or organization claim to represent God but decline to use God's personal name ( like Jehovah's witnesses ), and make it a practice to express thier own opinion on matters ( Spirit directed organization ), are they measuring up to this important qualificationof a true prophet."______Reasoning book page 133

Plus, they foretold

" Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the "great tributlation" in which the present wicked world will end."_________Reasoning book page 97

True Prophet + Prophecy that was change to an overlap generation = False prophet

why ??? because the first prediction did not come true

I'm not preachin' to the choir, members on board already know the deal

But others who are soon to come will have a chance to decide for themselves

what the WTS really is

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The Reasoning book will be ditched for a better method of always staying current with the constant changing doctrine.

It's time to roll out......

Jehovah's Witnesses upgrade for the 21st Century

JW Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses get automation new light upgrade Next time the Jehovah's Witnesses show up at your door they may have the means to get you to comply.

The Watchtower Society has just unveiled its new weapon in the 'War on Apostates'.

The "Jehovahnator" made its debut at the organization's corporate headquarters in Brooklyn, New York.

"Coming into this last span of time before Armageddon, we need to step up our outreach to the public," said governing board member Aleister C. Russell.

"By automating our field operations we have a tremendous multiplier for our efforts to bring people in to the New System."

The Jehovahnator will do precisely that. It will perform the normal door-to-door ministry that the organization is famous for, with a modern update. It carries an "e-briefcase" that prints needed literature on demand. Through wireless connectivity, the literature is constantly updated in real time with the newest changes in doctrine.

"We will never disseminate old doctrine again," said Russell.

• biometrics
    biometrics

Maybe they'll need to edit their online watchtower lib too. It's littered with phrases such as:

... entered its last days in 1914, and some of the generation alive then will also be on hand to witness its complete end in the “great tribulation.”

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1101989280/443/3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit