When do you think there will be a revised "Reasoning Book"

by Amelia Ashton 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Because I was abroad we had to use the original Revelation book and only the reader had the new improved version so I don't know if this was the same else where but following along using the old version made the adjustments seem even more ludicrous.

Why didn't they ensure everyone had the new version before studying it rather than highlight all the "adjustments" that had to be made in a KM and therefore making them more obvious?

Do you think there could be a list of amendments to be inserted into the Reasoning book in the same way?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

30 years old. I have been saying this is outdated for the past 6 or 7 years BEFORE I even came here.

It even has "old light" if I'm not mistaken.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Exactly my point. Any forgotten "old light" would be resurrected with a list of amendments.

• Think About It
    Think About It

The WTS has decided that "reasoning from the scriptures" is not necessary......it is their way or the highway.

• blondie
    blondie

*** rs p. 97 par. 2 Dates ***

Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the “great tribulation” in which the present wicked world will end.—Matt. 24:21, 22, 34.

Of course, the WTS has progressed past the "generation" change of 1995 to the "overlapping generation" of today.

Few jws actually have the Reasoning book in their bookbag, let alone put it in and take it out to use. Some jws had it book bound with a NWT but I doubt they use it.

• St George of England
    St George of England

It really needs to be a loose leaf file.

Light changes fast these days.

George

• blondie
    blondie

good idea, St George! and they could print the changes off the jw website.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Blondie

On page 239, it tells exactly which generation would be the ones to see the end,

and that they are well along in age

• Ding
    Ding

As often as they change "the truth" and revise their history, they would be wise to put everything online and nothing in print.

• wasblind
    wasblind

As 00DAD pointed out, the spiritual food in the reasoning book may be old

but so is the spiritual food in the Bible Why change

Like the Bible the WTS claim their food is from the Holy Spirit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit