Jehovah's Witnesses Believe It or Not- Weird & Wacky Museum

by Think About It 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

You've seen or heard about the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museums, where different weird & wacky items are displayed from human culture. Let's compile a list of the weird & wacky items from the JW religion that would make a great JW Believe It or Not Museum. Maybe the WTS could open one up it's own historical museum in Brooklyn to make some big money. Yes....I think people would actually pay money to see these bat-shit crazy things from the history of the WTS.

I'll start off with a display of Fred Franz's OLD BROWN SHOES.

Frederick William Franz (September 12, 1893 – December 22, 1992) served as 5th President of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, the legal entity used to direct the work of the Jehovah's Witnesses religion from June 1977 to Dec 1992.

Fred Franz was the Oracle of Watchtower teachings for more than 70 years. Many Witnesses relate stories of Fred Franz talking to the same pair of old brown shoes that he wore continually. Is it possible that these old brown shoes was a type of physical medium for Fred Franz's ideas on Watchtower prophecy & doctrine? Did the old brown shoes inspire Fred Franz to come up with the "no blood transfusions" doctrine, and "1975 end of the world" prophecy?

Anything is possible in The Weird & Wacky World of the Jehovah's Witnesses religion- Believe it or not.

What do you have to display for people to see in this museum?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

How about the Electronic Radio Biola?... purchased by unsuspecting JWs who were desperate for a miracle cure.

Speaking of "miracle" cures, remember Miracle Wheat?

• tinker
    tinker

Believe it or not, i tried to start a sort of historical museum in our KH 2nd school library. This was before the RBC had all the say and we were remodeling our hall and I was asked to be on the decorating committee. Well not ON since I was a Seester, no way but the Bro consulted with me. We had a lot of old timers who had been colporters with the record players and big collections of the old Washtowels. Some had the Cross on them. I had some of the old magazines framed and the record player all shined up. Even had some old placards and convention bumper stickers mounted. It was beautiful collection. We hung it and all the dubs loved it. Then the CO came around and without a word to me the whole thing was taken down and never to be seen again. No explaination and I was given the LOOK of Do Not Ask Questions.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    We had a lot of old timers who had been colporters with the record players and big collections of the old Washtowels. Some had the Cross on them. I had some of the old magazines framed and the record player all shined up. Even had some old placards and convention bumper stickers mounted. It was beautiful collection. We hung it and all the dubs loved it.

That was awesome.

• tinker
    tinker

I will learn someday how to post pictures but not today. I have a picture of myself wearing a Sandwich Board advertising a convention Sunday talk. I remember loving to wear those things all over downtown Long Beach CA when I was very little. My mom would hold the magazines and my sister and I would wear the sandwich boards and hand out the handbills. A fond and weird memory.

• james_woods
    james_woods

One of those hand-windup door to door record players with a Judge Rutherford message record would be very appropriate.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The signs they used to carry outside of churches saying "Religion is a snare and a racket". They were right of course, but it wasn't the churches, It was them.

• Mum
    Mum

There were some WT and Awake! articles and "special" issues about 1975 that I would place in this museum. Countless people have "demonized" jewelry and articles of clothing that should be included. Stories about how many otherwise intelligent, sensible people were converted, indoctrinated and pushed out would also be great.

SandraC

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

a raggedy smurf doll with slight charring that is the actually doll that came to life at the kh and could not be destroyed by fire. include a picture of some dude from the early eighties with a mustache who wrangled the smurf using his green bible.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

how about the miniature book bag & BibleI made for my barbies?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit