Jehovah's Witnesses Believe It or Not- Weird & Wacky Museum

by Think About It 34 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Add this to the audio archives. Sundown on Sept 5, 1975

• Think About It
    Think About It

Charles Taze Russell's pyramid grave marker.

Yes.....if you are a JW lurker you can believe what you are seeing. Pastor Russell the 1st President of the Watchtower Society was into pyramidology, and has an actual pyramid as a grave marker. Weird & wacky from the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses religion where even owning a wind-chime can be considered a sin.

• clarity
    clarity

One thing that I thought was very weird & sort of 'school girlish'

was a small (6''x 8''approx) autograph book. Most older sisters

seemed to carry them in their bookbag.

>

They were printed for recording... birthdays, special dates, poems,

addresses, and most had a friend's note scrawled across the page ...

"Roses are red, and violets are blue. Honey is sweet and so are you"

>

This was before my time ... so probably in the 20's - 30's.

>

Shows that jws were a bit more personally connected in those days!

clarity

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I'd put in the old wall sized chart plan of the ages...

along with a copy of william millers so the visitors could see how both groups are of the same blood.

oz

• clarity
    clarity

Hmm, just googled that address book & it looks like it is

older than I thought!

>

G.W.Siebert: My friends, Their Birthdays and autographs, 1907

>

Anyone on here who still has one laying around?

c

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

a troll doll or garden gnome encased in bullet proof glass with dried blood on its mouth from after biting my friends jw mom.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Clarity

My apologies to the op for going slightly off topic , "Roses are red, and violets are blue. Honey is sweet and so are you"

A radio Icon in Australia by name of Jack Davey once introduced / or concluded I can`t remember which , a variation of that phrase on national radio.Melbourne, thats where I heard it live . I was a teenager then .

" Roses are red and ready to pluck and girls of sixteen are ready to ....." Hi, Ho ,everbody " his standard catchcry

It did cause a bit of an uproar at the time

smiddy

• Think About It
    Think About It

Beth Sarim- The House of Princes

Beth Sarim (Hebrew for ' House of the Princes ?) was a ten-bedroom mansion in San Diego, California, constructed by the Watchtower Society in 1929 in anticipation of various resurrected Old Testament biblical patriarchs or prophets such as Abraham, Moses, David, Isaiah and Samuel. It was maintained by the Watchtower Society, the parent organization of the Jehovah's Witnesses religion, and was also used as a winter home and executive office for Watchower Society president Joseph Franklin Rutherford.

So let me get this right.......The WTS actually believed that biblical characters like Abraham, Moses, David, Isaiah and Samuel, were going to be raised from the dead where they had been buried in their bible lands, then get themselves a passport to come live with 'Judge' Rutherford in his San Diego, California mansion to help oversee the work of the Watchtower Society? This is beyond Wierd & Wacky.....this is Bat-Shit Crazy level.

• solomon
    solomon

A bag of Miracle Wheat

• brinjen
    brinjen

The May 15th, 1984 Watchtower. (1914, The Generation That Will Not Pass Away).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit