My wife and I went to dinner with a group of "worldly" - NORMAL - people

by dazed but not confused 27 Replies latest jw friends

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

My wife and I were invited to dinner by a coworker of hers. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to go because the place they were going was where her best friend from the kingdumb hell works. It was a big group of “worldly” people. I wanted to go to meet new people. It was a big restaurant and the likelihood of us being seated in her section was low.

We went and yup we got seated in her section. A little background. I am good friends with her husband. He is the only one from the hall that will have anything to do with me but on a very limited basis. His wife- the server- doesn’t like that I left and wont let him hang out with me when she’s around and gives him a hard time when she finds out we did hang out.

It was fun and both my wife and I enjoyed ourselves. About 30 min in my wife turned to me and said “Does she (the server) seem up set?” I said “Yeah she does. She doesn’t like me and is probably upset seeing you with a group of worldies.”

This morning my wife is going to the 2 day assembly and will see her – server- there. I think she is a little apprehensive as to what the server will say to her about all this. I’m just happy my wife is expanding out. I am really trying hard to get her to see TTATT and have her lead a “normal” life. She has already expressed to me that she takes a lot of the teachings of the WTBTS with a grain of salt. I think she’s in for her mom and some of her friends. This is just one more step in her eventual awakening… hopefully.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Tell her that they are ALL potential studies and that she will hear about it on her part of the assembly.

NJY

• Think About It
    Think About It

Isn't it cultish how the JW consider outsiders "worldly" people?

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

How did she like the "worldly" people?

One thing that went a long way toward convincing me of TTATT was that "worldly" people were actually nicer than most JWs.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

DBNC: His wife- the server- doesn’t like that I left and wont let him hang out with me when she’s around

Sounds like your buddy needs to grow some!

Snarky comments aside, I'm glad to hear you and your wife are making new friends and enjoying yourself.

You're overdue!

00DAD

• rebel8
    rebel8

It was fun and both my wife and I enjoyed ourselves. About 30 min in my wife turned to me and said “Does she (the server) seem up set?” I said “Yeah she does. She doesn’t like me and is probably upset seeing you with a group of worldies.”

It's such a waste--people getting themselves all upset over the subtleties of worshipping an imaginary god, competing over who's doing it better. Seems so silly to me now.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

notjustyet - lol. I'm sure she will.

think about it - Yes it is. I put worldly in parenthesis becaus it was all my mom would use to describe anyone nonJW. I used it alllllllll the time when I was IN and now use it mockingly. My wife however doesn't use it and doesn't seem to like the word which is nice.

cobaltcupcake - This is what I hope she realizes... and I think she does. I would have never guessed they were as nice as they are if I didn't wake up. They are not all out for themselves, mean, evil or immoral people as the WT would love you to believe.

00DAD - That is what I have told my wife in the past. He has no balls. Their in his wifes possession all the time. He is one that I think will never care to awaken. He's still a good friend but has no backbone...yet. Yes it does feel overdue.

rebel8 - Yes it is very silly now that we've been woken up. Not so silly when your in. Its comforting when you let a group of mentally/socialy retarded people do your thinking for you.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

DBNC - No balls AND no backbone! Your friend sounds like a jellyfish! Sorry, but you made me laugh. He must have some redeeming qualities or I'm sure he wouldn't be your friend.

At any rate, it is nice to hear that you and your wife are getting out of all of this nonsense and you're doing in together!

00DAD

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

00DAD - Yes he is a really great friend with a lot of good qualities. This is actually the only negative thing about him that I can think of. Im just pissed and sad about this one fact - HIS WIFE IS A BI%$H. He's a lot of fun. Shes wasnt so bad when I was IN but then again I never saw this side of her when I was IN.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

DBNC, Don't be too hard on the poor, little bitch. She's in a cult!

Actually, that's just what your friend needs to do: reclaim his balls and give his wife a hard time, if you know what I'm saying.

In my experience, a woman that's been properly made love to is a quite docile and pleasant creature.

I know I'm certainly a lot nicer to be around when I've been well-taken care of!

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit