My wife and I went to dinner with a group of "worldly" - NORMAL - people

by dazed but not confused 27 Replies latest jw friends

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I know I'm certainly a lot nicer to be around when I've been well-taken care of!

Yep. Me too.

At this point they seem to be happy in their delusion.

• flipper
    flipper

DAZED BUT NOT CONFUSED- Good for you and your wife ! Congratulations on having a cool dinner with normal people ! I'm really happy that you and your wife did that. Isn't it amazing how relaxed the conversation and atmosphere can be when you aren't sitting on pins and needles wondering who is judging who ? I always felt uneasy going to dinner with JW's because they 'd always stare at me and I could tell they were wondering where I stood in regards to the WT Society. It's nice not having that pressure, isn't it ? Peace out, mr. Flipper

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

So when does the massive sex and drug party happen? After all, hanging with worldly people only leads to that.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Hopefully your party left a good tip. If you go back to that restaurant could you request NOT to be seated in her section? You could say she's a great server, but you know her & it would be uncomfortable for you. Just a thought.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

MrFreeze - That's where I thought the evening would go too. Sadly no. No sex orgies or drug induced frenzy

Flipper - No pressure..... Tis nice

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

ruderedhead - Hopefully your party left a good tip. If you go back to that restaurant could you request NOT to be seated in her section? You could say she's a great server, but you know her & it would be uncomfortable for you. Just a thought.

I left a little more than a 25% tip. I don't know if they left a good tip but Im sure they did because most of the people there are in the service industry. I wasn't uncomfortable. I enjoy thinking that I may have made her uncomfortable

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

No.... I just calculated. It was a little over 35% tip.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I remember going out for breakfast with an elder in the restaurent where his disfellowshipped sister worked...you guessed it we were seated in her section...she was very polite and friendly toward us but I could see that he was keeping the conversation to the minimum...no how are you, how are the kids, you are looking well...What a shame to have so little natural affection.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

O.K., dazed, that made me laugh! You sound like my husband. I meant it might be more comfortable for your WIFE to not be in that womans section! She also would not be able to hear the conversations and question your wife later.

And that was a very good tip! I remember being out with witnesses who would have servers busting their butts with refills of whatever at some restaurants, and then count out exactly 15% for a tip, and a tract. I always put down a little more to make up for their cheapness cause it was embarrassing. I am a 20%er.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

NVR2L8 - Its sad and funny how these self righteous people pick and choose what teachings the bible and Jesus taught.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit