My wife and I went to dinner with a group of "worldly" - NORMAL - people

by dazed but not confused 27 Replies latest jw friends

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

ruderedhead - oh...lol. Yeah im usually a minimum 20%r. I still like making JWs uncomfortable

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Sent you a PM Dazed...

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Yo Dazed. So I was thinking about something here since you and I are around the same age. Since being associated with you fine apostate bretheren here puts us ahead of the curve on assemblies etc..., why not figure out when they are going to have an assembly with something we know may get at our wives heart strings and pull them in.

Follow me here. If I knew there was going to be a part on a CA about mates "leaving the truth", or about a subject I have recently been able to may hay on with the wife....I might be inclined to GO TO THE ASSEMBLY, simply to be able to deprogram while its happening. I tried this recently, and they were talking about the authority f the slave. I pulled up the scripture that says "all authority in heaven and on earth" is with jesus. Just kind of showed it to her and gave the crazy sign.

It helps when the person she loves the most, is sitting there doing small things, while everyone else in the room is just nodding their heads. I did WELL with this tactic.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yep, my wife went through the same. She started to hang out with co workers and found they were very respectful, and good to be around. The villianization that the WT conducts for 99.5% of the world is really pathetic

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

NeverKnew - You have a PM

problemaddict - That's a good idea. It is a 2 day. Maybe tomorrow I can go and take notes then show her any and all the problems with the parts. Then again I could put a bullet in my head... But seriously that is an idea I may go with.... going to the assembly, not suicide. Problemaddict are you in or near Colorado? You can answer via PM if you'd like.

wha happened? - This is an avenue I hope works out.

• snakeface
    snakeface

This server needs to be counseled from the New World Translation about the headship principle.

• dazed but not confused
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DAZED:

The reason the religion doesn't want JWs to associate with so-called worldly people (including non-JW relatives) is because IT cannot compete with the unconditional "love" and friendship you will experience elsewhere.

The religion is afraid that once you wake up to the fact that you are more miserable inside of the religion you'll head for the door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit