New GB Light - Increased JWN Membership?

by jw07 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw07
    jw07

I'm relatively new here. This is a question to admin / longer members.
    Have you noticed a greater influx of membership here since the 'New Light™ ' regarding the 'Governing Body' was revealed?

• Think About It
    Think About It

I could be mistaken, but I don't think enough time as went by yet to determine this. For an active JW to join JWN is a pretty big deal. It takes time for a JW to think about this, and get over the fear of joining. Personally, I lurked for a few months before joining. The fears & superstitions that the WTS instills in people's minds is amazing.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think we've had more new members introducing themselves lately. I just figured it was a Christmas present from Santa!

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

From my time here it seems like new membership comes in phases and for the most part there's no definitive rhyme or reason why. However some time ago I thought there might be a trend with newbies joining the discussions here or lurking right after assemblies and conventions.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Was just wondering myself. Has seemed busy lately.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I agree with thinkaboutit -

we've been so brainwashed into equating "apostate" websites with Beelzebub himself that most Witnesses would never dream of visiting JWN. Simply because we've been pressured to believe for years that we can't and shouldn't reason for ourselves, and that whatever faith and knowledge we have, will not be able to stand up against "apostate" thinking!

I remember a few years ago, I accidentally clicked on JW.NET instead of JW.ORG. I couldn't shut the site off quick enough!! Wish I knew then........................

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The WTBTS has been really encouraging the R&F to go to their jw.org website. Probably a lot end up here by mistake.

Evil internet! Bad, bad internet: tool of Satan ... except of course when they use it. Then it is a hammer of God.

• jw07
    jw07

I agree with you Think About It, perhaps more time is needed. It would be great to see some cold, hard statistics though :-)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"The WTBTS has been really encouraging the R&F to go to their jw.org website. Probably a lot end up here by mistake."

The law of unintended results is in full swing here. The WT never dreamed that encouraging people to go to jw.org would result in increased traffic to sites like this

• sir82
    sir82

Most JWs don't bother to read the magazines, let alone the JW.org website. Easily 80% + have no idea that any "new light" was even dispensed.

Of the remaining ~20%, easily 3/4 have no idea what it means, or just accept it without thinking.

And even when it is covered in an upcoming WT article, not much will change.

After 1914/1918/1919/1925/1941/1975, after a half-dozen changes to the definition of "this generation", after dozens of waffles on the blood policy, why would another goofy re-definition of an obscure biblical term cause people to leave?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit