FOR ACTIVE WITNESSES ONLY - PLEASE!!

by The Searcher 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest
    It's funny, I am positive this thread called for "FOR ACTIVE WITNESSES ONLY- PLEASE!!"

It was/is, dear RIP (peace to you!), but it had been awhile since anyone posted and I thought I would help it a bit (the questions were quite valid and I'm sure some inquiring minds wanted to know). Of course, I knew a certain few folks wouldn't be able to resist and would follow me "just because" - . Too bad we couldn't keep it close to the OP's topic. Shame, actually.

Good thing, though: not only will HOL's "audience" be reached, but now that s/he's started with the melarkey... my posts will be read by them, as well. So I guess I shouldn't be TOO upset at the "bad" publicity.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA, whose only "followers" seem to be a group of usual suspects who post on THIS board...

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

hey searcher I am a semi active witness and want to have my say about this

2. If "all Scripture is inspired by God", why does the Insight Book 2 p. 130 state "Luke's presentation of this incident evidently is not in strict chronological order" - thereby discrediting Luke's inspired opening statement at Luke 1:1-4, where he states that although many had compiled facts about Jesus and his ministry, he (Luke) had done so with accuracy, and in logical order!

Firstly, according to present WTS understanding Luke was not a member of the faithful and discreet slave class, only present day governing body members are. Secondly whereas Luke was writing to and for Theophilus the GB/FDS are writing to and for the whole world of sheeplike ones. They are superior to Luke and can say that evidently Luke made a mistake and that he was not as careful with the facts as he says he was.

At Luke 1:1-4 Luke seems to emphasize that others had composed declarative (oral) narratives whereas he in contrast was putting the facts in writing. Thus Luke empasizes his own painstaking research before committing his account to inspired written factual form. So how can the WTS take issue with Luke's facts? They evidently can because they have been appointed over all Jesus' earthly belongings and have more authority as channels of communication between Jehovah and the world than Luke who was only a 1st century writer, was not a member of the FDS and was writing for a smaller readership. So his written account is worthy of discrediting by the faithful and discreeet slave.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Secondly whereas Luke was writing to and for Theophilus the GB/FDS are writing to and for the whole world of sheeplike ones. They are superior to Luke and can say that evidently Luke made a mistake and that he was not as careful with the facts as he says he was.

I'd be really grateful if you could point me to the statements in WTS literature that claim, as you have here asserted, that the teaching of the current GB is superior to inspired Scripture.

So how can the WTS take issue with Luke's facts? They evidently can because they have been appointed over all Jesus' earthly belongings and have more authority as channels of communication between Jehovah and the world than Luke who was only a 1st century writer, was not a member of the FDS and was writing for a smaller readership. So his written account is worthy of discrediting by the faithful and discreeet slave.

Do you have any evidence beyond their own claim that the GB of JWs has been appointed over all of Jesus' earthly belongings and now have more authority than the inspired Bible writers? If that is truly the case, why do JWs need the Bible at all?

• AGuest
    AGuest

I can't speak for her but I think dear S+G was being sarcastic-al, dear NM (peace to you, both!). I'm not always the best judge of these things and so I could be wrong but her comments sound a bit tongue-in-cheek to me. The eyeroll emoticon at the end kinda suggests so, too.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

neonMadman - sorry, I was just picking up on searcher's question and adding my tuppence.

hey shelby - we understand each other

• AGuest
    AGuest

I got you, girl... this time - LOLOLOL!

Peace to you, dear S+G!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

searcher said

please imitate the Beroeans who carefully examined the Scriptures to see if what the apostle Paul said was the truth. They were described as being "noble minded" for doing so!!

Follow their example by asking yourself questions, such as;

1. I'm counselled and direct by the Organisation to go out in Field Service as often as I can, to discuss my Bible-based beliefs with people who are in "false" religions, so why does the same Organisation prohibit me from doing the exact same thing with my brothers & sisters? (Kingdom Ministry - Sept. 2007 - Question Box, p.3)

this is a good question and suggests that the Organisation is not interested in encouraging noble-mindedness amongst Jehovahs witnesses as they have found that noble mindedness and committment are at odds.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Neonmadman,

Most Jw's will obey the words of the GB through the Watchtower magazine. The GB will never overtly say that their words carry more weight than the scriptures. Still, their interpretation is law for dubs. The GB do not have to say they are superior to the Apostles, they have already implanted that thought in the rank & files minds for decades.

They Apostles are no more real than C.T Russel. They are in the past. For JW's the only thing that is real is the organization/golden calf of the WTBTS with it's visible leaders, the GB.

You are right, they have no evidence of being appointed over anything.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    please imitate the Beroeans who carefully examined the Scriptures

A very interesting FACT as to this historical account, dear S+G (peace to you, my dear!) is that the NT wasn't even written when these "noble-minded" folks were "examining" the scriptures. So, the question is... just exactly were they "examining"? The same historian that told us of the "noble-mindedness" of these... recorded what was considered, by CHRIST, as "scripture":

"... beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself." Luke 24:27

"They said to each other, 'Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?'” Luke 24:32

"... he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about mein the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.' Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures..." Luke 24:44, 45

How, though, do we know that he was only speaking of these as "scripture"? Well, if we don't have faith enough to ask him, Christ, directly... and hear what HE says... we can look to what the writer of the account attributed to "John" (but really written by Simon the Leper/Kanaan/Zealot... know to most as "Lazarus," the brother of Mary and Martha and the disciple whom my Lord dearly loved - John 21:20, 24; 11:1, 3, 5, 35, 36) tells us:

"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me..." John 5:39

The Beroeans, then, were "examining" the "scriptures": those "writings"... by Moses, the Prophets, and Psalmists... which such received while IN SPIRIT ("in spiritu", "in spire," "inspired")... and were TOLD to write... and did so as they were borne along by His spirit... which BORE WITNESS TO CHRIST. Including the Law... and its features, all of which bore witness and looked forward to Christ, by means of whom it received its FULFILLMENT (2 Corinthians 3:13).

UNLIKE the Beroeans, though, we have the opportunity to not only be MORE "noble-minded", but even ROYAL-minded. Nobles are people of high station, but NOT persons of ROYAL station. Only the Kings/Queens and their direct heirs (children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren) are "royalty." "Nobility" are those of the PEERS of royalty (siblings, cousins, etc.), but not royalty themselves:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forms_of_address_in_the_United_Kingdom#Royalty

The noble-minded Beroeans allowed themselves to reach toward understanding by examing the scriptures. However, that will only grant so much understanding. Why? Because the scriptures are how God spoke to our FOREFATHERS: through the Prophets, including Moses and David. NOW, however, for those who would be royal-minded... because they are the HEIRS of the KING... and thus, destined to be kings THEMSELVES some day... the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... who is the MAJESTY, speaks to THEM... through His Heir Apparent, His SON, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen of JAH (MischaJah):

"Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last daysspeaks to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things..." Hebrews 1:1, 2

Of course, some belive the "last days" meant the last days of Jerusalem before its fall. And, in a physical sense, it did: Christ came to Israel, literally, and spoke to them for God. HOWEVER... although the PHYSICAL things have been fulfilled and had been fulfilled by the time the letter to the Hebrews was penned, including Christ having come in the flesh and spoken in the flesh to men OF flesh (the "man" one is on the OUTSIDE)... all... the SPIRITUAL fulfillment had not yet occured. It began after that fulfillment, starting with the outpouring of holy spirit at Pentecost 30 CE... and is still occurring now. It has not yet been FULFILLED. Because by "spiritual" I mean him coming... as a spirit ("I am WITH you, ALL the days")... and speaking... AS a spirit (Hebrews 12:25)... TO the spirit of men (Proverbs 8:4-7; John 10:1-5, 16, 27) - the "man" one is on the INSIDE (Psalm 40:6; Matthew 23:25-28).

May those here who ears are of the ROYAL "house"... hear... and get the SENSE of these thing. And may those who want to BE of such "house" but lacking such ears be given them, if they so wish... so as to hear, when the Heir Apparent... and his Bride... say to YOU:

"Come! ALL you who are wishing and thirsting... take 'life's water'... the holy spirit of God, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... which spirit is His ROYAL BLOOD... by means of which any who WISH it can receive an adoption... into the Household of His Kingdom... "Israel"... which blood is poured out from the innermost parts of His HEIR, His SON... the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... FREE!"

Servant TO those of that Household, Israel, and ALL those who go with... and a slave of that Christ, the Heir,

SA

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Someone who translates and gives connotation to Greek words should have an advanced degree in Greek or cite to a standard, reconigzed reference work. After the WTBTS. always ask hard questions. Demand proof. Beware people who speak with authority.

B/c of my Witness experience, I have studied academic work on the New Testament, Christology, mysticism, and church history. I studied under Elaine Pagels at Columbia University. I can assure you one thing from my studies which I have continued, altho my profession is in a different field. There is such a vast body of knowledge that I know very little. When someone states a certain propostion, look for external validation. Does it makes sense to you at a gut level?

People here claim personal revelation. I can't dispute personal revelation. It is highly unlikely but faith is not very rational. The problem is the arrogant statements that are so similar to the WT. Ask questions, do your own research. Despite the academic and recreational study, I found the most positive input for me was that, if I accep the Bible is unique, sitting with the Bible and reading it myself. We don't cherish our gut instincts enough.

Hardly any of the WT made any sense on a gut level even when I was a child. Yet I wanted to be loved by my parents and other relatives. People with good faith generally do not preach. Academics specialize in a few areas. Asking hard questions is so important to protect against other cults.

Personally, I do not believe in any single answer. Everyone has a different personality and life experiences. Trust yourself. With the Internet, sources can be referenced. When one explains scripture, ask what their background is. My church believes personal revelation is possible as does the Roman Catholic Church. When I was 21, I stumbled upon this church gem. I was so wary after the Witnesses that I blurted out my anger and questions. The priest responded that he had the very same questions I had. He remarked that church was not a place of smug belief but a community of people askiing the same hard questions as a community.

Someone invaded a thread marked "for active JWs only" looking for fresh recruits. I find it sad that someone would so intrude. My commercial is over. Trust yourself. Empower yourself. We are good. This repartee make seem harsh but it is much more relaxed than the uniformity of the WTS. And yes, sometimes I miss the uniformity. It passes quickly, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit