Is Watchtower $60 million away from liquidation?

by cedars 26 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Watch this video, posted on JW.org...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JJVXOBVI5A

Here is my article in response...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/is-watchtower-60-million-away-from-liquidation

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Cedars

• designs
    designs

Its kind of like Romney's Bain Capital, who the hell knows how much money there is and where its all hidden. Nice beard by the way.

• cedars
    cedars

designs

Nice beard by the way.

???

[edit post: ah, you're commenting on my bearded avatar. You had me confused there!]

Cedars

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks for the article. There was no way I could bring myself to watch the video. Nowadays, I’ve a huge aversion to reading and hearing this cult propaganda directly.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Just reading your article now... but you realize your embedded video is going to get DMCA'd hard and fast, right?

• whathappened
    whathappened

If they are this fragile after 130 years of existence then how can they claim the blessing of the sovereign lord of the universe.

Thanks for sending your jw survey reports to my personal email. It is nice knowing there are people actively working to help others out of this cult.

• cedars
    cedars

Apognophos

Just reading your article now... but you realize your embedded video is going to get DMCA'd hard and fast, right?

It isn't my video, so it won't hurt me if it's DMCA'd!

There is a theory that Jean-Claude Pons was referring to the French "headquarters," which would make sense - but the way the sentence is worded leaves the precise meaning of his words something of a mystery.

Cedars

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Great article on your site.

Just below the WTBTS video you have a "my" and think you meant a "by" FYI

I would imagine that with all the varying corporations that they kept the USA entities out of the thought about being damaged to the point where it would put them it of business. I think that they would have used just the France corporations. No evidence here but making an assumption based on how they

would work.

NJY

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Cedars: As you know the society has made it a point to separate their branches, committees to prevent one falling and taking it all down.

The French branch as you wrote about is probably that close to collapsing if it where taxed. But the United States branch will not be affected if the French branch falls.

Kojack

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

The WTS is very crafty in their way of dealing with money issues. In this case they used the wordly autorities to the fullest but will say their victory is a proof of Jehovah supporting and blessing their organisation. If they had lost they would have said this should not come as a surprise since Satan is the ruler of the world. Then they would have liquidated their assets in France after closing the Bethel and controled the work from another country where donations could be received directly...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit