What did you do with your books?

by mamamo 31 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
  • erbie
    erbie

Seriously, I think the whole point is that they DO NOT go back into circulation as we could then be responsible for mucking up other peoples lives.

I decided to burn mine.

One heck of a bonfire, but surprisingly hard to burn!!!

• irondork
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

The only reason I haven't trashed my library is to appease the wife. I know some of my books would likely get a few $$$ on ebay as I was into collecting older literature

• Think About It
    Think About It
    JWN legend has it that WT literature.......... They're the equivalent of Smurf dolls.

My WTS bound volumes were evidently pissed at just sitting on the bookcase shelves and me not using them. They each flew off shelf, and ran out of the house saying, "Fuck this shit."

• finally awake
    finally awake

I threw it all away. I didn't have anything really old or hard to find anyway.

• moshe
    moshe

I had lots of old WT books- going back to 1900. I gave most of them away to an ex-JW ministry in Florida in 1990. I still have a handful of some good ones- just in case a JW comes by and wants to see some "old light". I have a 1920 WT that has an underlined study article about the "millions now living will never die"- the Rutherford boondoggle that got the JWs out selling the WT books again-

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

mine are still in the bookcase where they always were, even when I was at the meetings

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

It gave me intense satisfaction to dispose of all of mine with a box of matches, and a few litres of kerosene!

Bill.

• Skbj
    Skbj

I always felt uneasy to throw away books of any kind but didn't have hesitation with any WT related pubblication. Haven't owned one in 15 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit