What did you do with your books?

by mamamo 31 Replies latest jw friends

• mamamo
    mamamo

I was in an used bookstore this weekend and saw a New World Translation and some other Society publications. This made me think, what did others do with their books? I gave mine to my mother, 22 years ago. If I had known I could have taken them to trade in at a bookstore, I would have. Then gotten some of those thick, trashy romance novels.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I sold most of them on e-bay.

Got 100 dollars just for my "pioneer book".

The rest I threw in the dumpsters.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

burn baby burn

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"The rest I threw in the dumpsters."

JWN legend has it that WT literature thrown into dumpsters will often reappear back on their original shelves the next day. They're the equivalent of Smurf dolls.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I was so pissed off when I found out I had been lied to my whole life. I had a very huge library dating from the early 1960’s to 2001, mostly original print, had went into the garbage.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I had a choice of putting them in the recycle bin or the trash bin I chose the trash bin . I was in charge of an op shop some time ago when a heap (12) of WT videos came into the shop .They went into the trash bin also.

smiddy

• l p
    l p

Like you smiddy,

With my mother and sister, I decided that we were going to have a clean out of all the shi*

We had a wall full of propaganda

So I decided it was going in the bin as I did not want it in the hands of anyone else that was vulnerable

So it all went into the green bin...

bloody fantastic feeling. It was like it was freedom..just wish i could do it all again for the feeling it gave at the time

Lp

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I burned mine, a huge library from the 1950's. I kept Russells Studies in the Scriptures and some Rutherford books as curiosities.

I didn't want anyone else to find and read the trash.

The buggers keep turning up though, found some in the loft the other day.

• Aware!
    Aware!

I'm going to try and sell what I can online because I live in a rural city. The rest will go in a recycle bin, with the litterature defaced.

• cedars
    cedars

Two of the shelves on my bookshelf used to be devoted to JW literature, but I thinned these down to one. I've kept only books where I want the illustrations or easy access to info, such as the recent yearbooks - basically everything that isn't easy to find on the CD-ROM (I have the 2012 version).

Two of the books taking up space on my WT shelf aren't even WT books (King James Version and the complete works of Josephus). I also have the pioneer school books for my wife and I, and my Concordance. Upstairs in the attic there is a pile of JW books and magazines in mostly great condition that I have no need for. Every month our relatives bring us new magazines and these go straight on the pile (I only keep one copy of the study article). Once I get some free time and the use of a van it will all get carted off to be shredded and recycled. The last thing I want is for them to go back into circulation.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit