typical circuit assembly

by nowwhat? 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    then the c.o. sucked what life we have left by coming down on the super bowl!
    "brothers are we engaged in this new worldly custom where people get together for the day
    to watch this so called biggest foootball game of the year where there could be to much drinking and merryment?
    some brothers have fallen into this trap!"

A New Wordly Custom?..

How long has the WBT$ C/O.. The Super Bowl is as Old as..

Been on Planet Earth?.. One of the WBT$ Popes..

............................. mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• cobaltcupcake
  • jgnat
    jgnat

My former pastor invited the guys to church to watch the Superbowl on the big screen.

• eva luna
    eva luna

I knew an elder's family that 'bought' a big screen TV when they first came out for their super bowl party at COSTCO.

They returned it after. LOL

• flipper
    flipper

I'm so glad I stopped attending over 9 years ago. If I was still attending these mind numbing Circuit Assemblies I'd be tearing my hair out by now setting it on fire. Such idiotic information spewing out from the platform these days ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Actually, Calebsairplane, it was a perfect representation of the nonsense we used to believe, right up to the "abused wife saves her abusive husband" garbage.

They always seemed to schedule talks/assemblies, etc. the same day as some big sports event that they knew everyone wanted to watch. In spite of that, on Canadian Grey Cup day the morning meeting was always very well attended!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Irrational, pharisaical, holier-than-thou, capricious teachings coming from individual COs who revel in their authority is a great example of why I now know that this isn't God's organization. In other words, what a @%$&ing idiot.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

whatever the GB doesn't understand, and beleive me the list is long, is demonized. Whether it's spending time with your family or other dubs watching the Superbowl together, or having a wedding, or a meal, or a bible study outside of their own literature, it's all worldly and from the devil.

• tiki
    tiki

okay - i got as far as caleb's airplane with selma and the raging bull turned holy.....TOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is awesome!!!!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I remember going to a JW Super Bowl party in the mid-80s where the game was so bad that we stopped watching the game and started watching only the "Bud Bowl" commercials.

I don't remember these parties being any kind of "trap." We behaved ourselves. Sheesh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit