typical circuit assembly

by nowwhat? 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

on the plus side there was good council about families and then there is that special feeling of the brotherhood you get.

on the negative side, the d.o. gave the "ol talk about the "busier we are, it won't seem like the new world is taking so long" talk. that's fine if you do'nt work for a living. then the c.o. sucked what life we have left by coming down on the super bowl! "brothers are we engaged in this new worldly custom where people get together for the day to watch this so called biggest foootball game of the year where there could be to much drinking and merryment? some brothers have fallen into this trap!" talk about buzzkill sheesh! they always find a way to make you feel guilty.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

How is that a new worldly custom???

And it's like the one "holiday" dubs get to look forward to every year. Sheesh. Let's take the fun out of everything.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I guess that C.O. missed the memo where literally every bethelite goes to a superbowl party.

I don't know how it is in your congregation, but in mine, some people get seriously offended by people going to sporting events or watching football in particular on TV. There's always a couple of superbowl parties or parties if the local university gets a bowl game. They are sort of kept on the downlow though.

Pretty pathetic.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Sounds like the same life sucking cult that I remember.

• undercover
    undercover

...are we engaged in this NEW worldly custom where people get together for the day to watch this so called biggest foootball game of the year ...

The good ole WTB&TS... they really stay on top of worldly trends.

It's only gonna be Super Bowl XLVII... that's 47 - for you GB members that don't keep up with the NFL...

Dumbassess...

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Wouldn't want those JWs to TALK to one another after a beer......you never know what might be said...........

• wasblind
    wasblind

Think about, there must have been a need to bring this subject about in the congregation

and the hypocrits he's talkin' to are the very ones that prevent their

children from playin' sports because they say it promotes a competetive spirit

Hypocrits

• 00DAD
    00DAD

nowwhat?: they always find a way to make you feel guilty.

Cult Control Techniques 101

They didn't write the book, but they've certainly added several chapters.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

A congregation here rescheduled the Sunday meeting time, as too many were attending elsewhere with earlier morning meetings so they could get out in time to go to or watch the football game.

Let's face it. Everyone has priorities.

If you're they guy who is making the most generous contributions, your ideas seem better than most.

Doc

• whathappened
    whathappened

More guilt trips. You will never be good enough...that is the message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit